Search results

  1. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Ah okay, I thought that Sweden had somehow had a large tour event in addition to hosting the Euros and the feeders with some money of which I was unaware. And a tour event had happened that I somehow didn't watch.
  2. Need advice: how to transform qualities from training to match play

    It does take long - the hours matter. One of the things about table tennis that caused frustration with players who don't have experience training and improving over long periods is they underestimate how long it can take to develop a skill to the point it becomes a weapon against the level of...
  3. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Continental points may not count as tour points.
  4. Need advice: how to transform qualities from training to match play

    The thing is that there are a lot of things that could cause this problem. A lot. I will give one that hasn't been already mentioned. Sometimes, the grip with which you play your backhand in practice may not end up being the grip you use in matches because your transition from serve to...
  5. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    I did (since I don't remember which ones you were talking about). I will remember this one, though. A 17 year old blooming vs an all time great. Reminds me of the European Games final. But to be fair, the Asian Games blocked youtube splicing of all their matches so I have not had a chance...
  6. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Which Contender did Sweden host this year?
  7. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Match of the year!
  8. MX-D vs Tenergy 05 Hard

    Reading that review makes me want to try MX-D. EJing is dangerous lol!
  9. MX-D vs Tenergy 05 Hard

    He doesn't rate them similarly at all - interesting.
  10. Head shape of a blade: Does it matter?

    It affects balance and sweet spot size depending on your preferred hitting area. That said, all these things are not as important as your skills.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Do it over large distances on the floor using proper form or on the bed first. Then take it to the table.
  12. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    If she can get ahead of Wang Manyu in the ittf rankings, it will cause significant problems for China.
  13. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    If she was a 22 year old going on 26 your logic would be impeccable. For a 12 year old going to be 16 at the end of the cycle, the kind of progression we see in such players can be mindboggling. So I would weight her more recent results over her results in all the events. Her competition...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I mean training your serves and strokes to generate spin but not at the table, on a bed or on the floor so you can take powerful cuts with your serving form and see the full path of the ball and develop power into the serving stroke. Practicing all the time at the table makes it hard to develop...
  15. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Dima revenge tour is complete.
  16. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Togami is Calderano from Japan.
  17. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Nah, she is at most 2 years away, three is way too long. I wouldn't be surprised if she won in January but Hayata is a major obstacle. I don't see Hirano or Ito as anything close to insurmountable.
  18. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Kallberg the Confuser - this is the guy whose gsme confuses me the most. He should be top of Europe but something is always missing. Let us see whether Felix has mercy on him or not.
  19. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    You can see the signs but the fight or flight response of Hayata is strong and she is still physically able to do things Harimoto cannot on defense.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    How much serving on the floor do you fo?
Top