Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So the guy I played last week on Satutday morning sends me a text at night yesterday asking me whether I can come in this Saturday morning. So of course, me being me, I oblige. It's a church with carpeted floors so the ball has a reasonable bounce. We warm up and then do some multiball, I try...
  2. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    This I will definitely give a shot. Maybe my current issues with MK are sponge hardness related but I struggled to get more power out of it when I went for more power.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    60km is about how long I have to drive to play on some days. The difference though is that the level.is decent after the drive and you guys use km to make people drive slowly, while we measure in miles so it helps people drive faster lol.
  4. Waldner uses Bluestar A1

    We need to turn you into a wrist spinner. Then your talent will shine and you will like the harder stuff as well.
  5. Waldner uses Bluestar A1

    Someone is paying attention!
  6. Waldner uses Bluestar A1

    He is also advertising for his sponsors. People should not be so naive about these things.
  7. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    Maybe you are right. Maybe if I spent some time testing G1 next to MK, maybe I will realize that my impact depth and swing speed have reach a point where neither rubber works for me anymore and they are more similar than different. I have my doubts about this, I felt G1 and C1 were both more...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    All my house guests are gone so I managed to get out to a club today at a recreation center to play. I didnt realize it before moving to Texas but I chose a relatively poor location to live for TT. While there is one weekly location about 25 minutes away on Sundays, most locations are 40 mins...
  9. How to play against Hyper-Aggressive player?

    If you serve short and someone can always push the serve short, then maybe you are serving too obviously short. and maybe too short. But if he is determined to loop, he is going to loop if you go long first. You can't prevent that. unless you get the ball go long first for you and you decide...
  10. How to play against Hyper-Aggressive player?

    He isn't hyper-aggressive, he is playing high level table tennis. When I got coaching from a national level coach, he told me that short game is the biggest thing that distinguishes the high level players, and that pushing long on a regular basis was a death sentence at that level. IF he has...
  11. I Played Vs Olympic Champion Jan Ove Waldner

    This is my kind of table tennis - thank you!
  12. Dignics 05 vs Dignics 80 for Forehand

    Maybe, but he actually finds D05 slow and hard to use. It's not like I don't beat the guy ( I usually do), but I find his spin just counterintuitively heavy - short strokes but there is massive rotation and sometimes incredible speed. So far, I haven't felt a player doing the same with D05 but...
  13. Dignics 05 vs Dignics 80 for Forehand

    Depending on playing style, requiring more effort might be a good thing. The thing I found about D80 maybe it was the speed of the opponent's racket, it felt it played a lot like T05, where he got good spin with very short strokes.
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The technique seems off because the backswing is inadequate and you are changing the plane of the stroke aggressively while swinging and not letting the elbow do the work. There is a "C" - shape out of which the modern backhand starts - if you get to that "C" shape and play out of it, the need...
  15. Dignics 05 vs Dignics 80 for Forehand

    It's weird, but the person whose spin frustrates me the most uses D80. I need to try it for myself sometime.
  16. Schlager video describing Glayzer, Glayzer 09C and Rozena

    Even changing from All+ Blade with T05 to Schlager Carbon with T05. You will lose all the feeling and gain tons of speed, but if you have used the rubber before, it is easier to see what the blade is doing. With rubbers, pimple configurations can have a massive effect as well as tack, sponge...
  17. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    Yeah, when I read his post, I was thinking maybe I need to try G1 again, because that is definitely not how I remember it. I played G1 on all wood, I think I would break my shoulder playing MK on all wood, lol!
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The problem with serving sidespin to pips usually isnt just about reading the ball, it is sometimes about the ball coming back either knuckle if the pips player hits the ball or coming back with a sidespin that kicks if they don't and if you don't anticipate the kick, it can cost you points...
  19. Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC vs SZLC vs T5000

    I don't know much about the Ebenholz (I think it might be a harder outer ply but that is about it). The Butterfly Innerforce blades are limba outer plies so that is one consideration. IMHO, the more important thing is to find a player you like who does what you intend to do at a reasonable...
  20. Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC vs SZLC vs T5000

    The SZLC will have a higher throw angle than the T5000 for sure, at least when looping hard. Don't ask me for all the physics, but T5000 is really like a brick, I can only stand it in innerforce blades or hinoki carbon. For the pips, a lot comes down to technique, many people who hit with pips...
Top