Search results

  1. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Yes yes yes. The first and third eapecially, the second is just reinforcement for bad days.
  2. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Where to watch?
  3. Advice to improve my game.

    Phil, at every level, it is very hard for a one sided forehand player to beat a consistent blocker, especially one who knows how to move the forehand player around. Especially with this new ball, blocking is much easier so you need to be able to hit more shots to win points. For forehand...
  4. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    I honestly think that people are drawing conclusions that are too strong from one match - the Japanese men did pretty well in the last WTTTC. It's unfortunate that they dealt with an inspired opponent who was motivated to win and the fear was contagious after Harimoto lost and the Iranians put...
  5. Advice to improve my game.

    Phil, Well done. Like I said this takes time and patience. Someone like Mark, he uses a very fast blade and blocks the ball very well. He has played and practiced with really good players so he knows how to block quality loops. When I tried to use a Rambo approach to beating him, I would...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Completed the trifecta of a full weekend of play (My wife said I was making up for all the lost time with rhr house guests lol). I shudder to think of what would have happened had I not played during the wedding trip. I got to the club and started hitting with a guy I met there first a couple...
  7. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    The Games usually have 3rd place matches so they still have work to do.
  8. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Others may find something, but from where I sit, your forehand looks pretty standard and your legs seem to be doing the right things and the power seems to be driven largely by your rotation. Some might tell you to lean forward a bit more but I don't know about that. You might want to practice...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good to hear. Competition is competition, the main goal is winning. It takes a long time to be comfortable executing certain shots under the pressure of competition, even when one is competent doing them. But when it all clicks, those shots become more natural than whatever felt easier...
  10. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Yes. It might still be an uneven glue job. Sometimes, stuff moves around becomes more visible after use. But time will tell.
  11. How fast is TT Japan delivery to us?

    The last time I ordered MK, they sent it by DHL, and it definitely wasn't what I selected. But as Zeio pointed out, shoes are much heavier than rubbers.
  12. My Pingpod experience!

    I used to live in a Philly suburb so I know a lot of players from Philly, NY, NJ, MD, DC and VA since I used to drive around and play a lot in the early 2010s, and less so in the later part of teh decade. I am close to one of his friends who is a 2000 level player. Al definitely knows who I...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's completely natural, especially when you frame the events as things that are much more important than they really are. There is a lot of self-learning and perspective that can be gained from table tennis training and tournament play. In the end, you have to find the mindset that enables...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Welcome to the addicted to TT improvement club!
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    A couple of points, I usually don't watch backhand topspins from behind so maybe you are doing things I can't see. But when I look at it, you are pronating from the shoulder to get most of your effect. And I think this is because your backswing is insufficient to shorten the follow through...
  16. How fast is TT Japan delivery to us?

    The part of getting through Japanese post is usually quick, the same for US post. but no one can say how long it will stay in US customs if it is a parcel. 2 weeks is how I think of rubber. If it is shoes, it will again depend on US customs. Just keep that in mind please. Hopefully they can...
  17. My Pingpod experience!

    He must have improved a lot from when I remember him then. His rating is likely no longer accurate.
  18. My Pingpod experience!

    Awesome you were in Philly. Maybe if it was 2 years ago, I would have come pick you up, taken you to Trolley Car TTC and bored you to death lol. Though it was probably too close to the pandemic for comfort. Al is a good guy, I hope you beat him good lol. Though he was improving when I last...
  19. How fast is TT Japan delivery to us?

    Not sure whether you mean USA or wherever you are, but if you mean USA, it depends on whether they use express postage or DHL, which they sometimes use without advertising it. DHL, you get TT11 type speed with about 5 days or less after the date of purchase/shipping, and if they use Express...
Top