Search results

  1. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    So they got the two teams going to play Asian Champs to play each other and that is preparation? Or are you just confusing that match which was the finals of the Asian Champs with prep for the Asian games? In any case, we are a point of impasse. You can believe what you want. The CNT...
  2. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    What were the major simulations matches for doubles that you know of? And in preparation for what event? Of course they sent their top teams - these teams I believe were the same teams sent to the Asian Table Tennis Championships a few weeks ago. But these are not critical events. The loss...
  3. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    World Championships is not the Olympics, but if China prioritizes those events for WTTC prep, you will know. Remember that before XD became an Olympic event, they even let their best doubles player, XX, pair with Yang Haeun of Korea. Then in WTTC 2021, they let their players pair with...
  4. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Not really, those are not Olympic events, so they don't factor as heavily in China's prep and evaluation. If MD and WD become Olympic events then we will see all these upsets evaporate.
  5. Life expectancy of Tibhar K3?

    You didnt answer the question though. Which pros do you know personally who inform your perception of pros using different equipment from amateurs? What pros do with their rubbers is actually an individual thing. Especially if they boost. And again, not all pros get their rubbers for free.
  6. Looking for a detailed difference between K3 and 09C?

    As others have hinted at, these are questions you can only answer for yourself, especially in the absence of people seeing your playing style. To be honest, even if 95% of the people on this website were to review Dignics 09c, unless they were in the 5 percent I have seen play or whose rubber...
  7. Life expectancy of Tibhar K3?

    Okay. With the better custom topsheet and sponges that the pros supposedly use, how often do they use and change their rubber? A year? Is it because they don't know how to care for their rubber? Timo Boll and many pros were simply using T05H before it became publicly available ,(at their...
  8. Why are top players sometimes hitting a forehand with the left foot in the air?

    Watching a player do something without understanding how his technique evolved leads to some of the most interesting questions in table tennis, questions which in my opinion should not be interesting at all, b but I will let tbe thread speak for itself. You hit your the ball with your...
  9. Advice for backhand rubber

    GTPS uses the Rhyzer sponge, which I believe is 50 degrees, so I think what you are saying makes perfect sense. I find GTPS harder to block with.
  10. Advice for backhand rubber

    I know you've mentioned this before, but please forgive me for asking again - for helping my context, how does Golden Tango compare to these for you?
  11. Life expectancy of Tibhar K3?

    There are few related topics to this, do you think pros use rubbers for a year? Some of it comes down to how deeply you spin the ball and deform the pips and wear the topsheet over time. Also the consistency of your contact area, as hitting the ball consistently around the same region wears...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hopefully someone can help you, I haven't used sponge to clean my rubber in over 10 years. Water/breath and fingers is the usual with rare uses of paper towel for drying (and for that reason, it is definitely the kind of thing that would have been better as a new topci).
  13. Nima Alamian | QF 2023 Asian Games

    That looks like a straight handle Viscaria or Viscaria SALC
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I know you use Rakza Z on forehand, maybe I should have made that clear. I am just telling you the things I wish people told me when I started in 2011. Maybe I wouldn't have listened, but at least the ball was different back then and I at least mostly played a pushing and blocking style...
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    So there are a couple of videos I will recommend to you. I started serious TT maybe 4 years younger than you did. Most people who see me assume that I started much younger but I tell them that I suspect I'd be stronger if I didnt have arthritis, I had knee issues which got worse over time, I...
  16. CCBladecraft

    I am a huge fan of using the same rubber on both sides for a variety of reasons, the main one being that you can transfer aspects of your understanding of technique easily across both strokes, but if you are sure that you want to play high level offense with power as your focus, honestly with...
  17. CCBladecraft

    It doesn't mean much next to the training hours. That said, there are times you play a style that is automatically enhanced by equipment you haven't tested yet. When you test it, you realize it, but without testing it, you don't - for example, I needed time to get back into the game but...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The last video is private. The drills look basic but it still isn't entirely clear what you are trying to achieve or improve. Let's remember that most table tennis points don't last more than 3‐4 shots in total so it is important to bring your weapons early. If you are aiming for power, the...
  19. Changing direction when blocking.

    To punch through the ball for the most part. The number of people who don't know how to block consistently because they refuse to direct the ball on their blocks is unfortunately high.
  20. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    To expand on #3, there is an interview with Saive where he discusses how much tactical knowledge China collected on him. He talks about one match where the coach was unavailable and he got a lead and when the coach showed up, his opponent made a comeback. Knowing where your opponent likes to...
Top