Search results

  1. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    I wish. People still believe amazing things in the name of a purported fairness.
  2. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    And her love for her son (which for some reason does not carry over to her daughter, whom she has left with the father) led her to keep him away from her father, which is how good and normal mothers act? The lengths to which people are going to white knight this lady are amazing.
  3. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Yeah, the two court rulings that order her to obey the joint custody should just be ignored because people who claim she is terribly wrong not to follow them don't have all the information. Good point.
  4. Producing side underspin on the chiquita

    This is not a chiquita but I thought it was worth illustrating the difference between a side underspin ball and a side topspin ball with a similar swing.
  5. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    When I pointed out that the whole issue wasn't based exclusively on ERT's video, you pivoted to saying it was based on tabloids. And after I pointed out it wasn't just tabloids, you simply thanked me for clarifying my position. The point here is that these are substantive issues affecting...
  6. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    It would be very hard to find a single society that isn't historically misogynistic by modern standards, even while accepting that Japan has resisted feminism more than other countries. And of course, I remember seeing a youtube video recently where the English menu of a Japanese restaurant had...
  7. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    1. You can ask Takkyu what he meant if you both have the patience. I rephrase him because I think you are misrepresenting his position because he didn't express his full intent. Ask him if he would never support the woman in a case of divorce since he is a man. I am sure his answer would...
  8. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    t I just watched the video, they translated into English. The problem, per ttmonster, is that any judgment against Fukuhara is misogyny so it doesn't matter. For people who want to know what the video said, they issued a rare temporary restraining order against Fukuhara in the Japanese...
  9. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    1. No, not all reports in the popular press are from tabloid journalists. While those will often have juicier details, Ai is a big enough star that her issues are in the main press. As for siding with the man, Takkyu has given you a lot of the stories and issues that inform his position, you...
  10. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Each numbered response was targeted to a specific quote, I really don't have the time to argue over things when someone has already pointed out that what I say is "untenable". For example, you wrote: "This entire discussion is based on ERT's videos and tabloid journalism . ERT is the biggest...
  11. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Bringing up issues like this is misogyny. Warning you in advance. If a man did this, would you feel the same way?
  12. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Yes. A relative filed for divorce from her husband in the US and her husband in response filed for divorce in Nigeria. The choice of locations in both instances was clearly not an accident and was related to a property dispute.
  13. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Well, the point of entering a discussion is that one is willing to discuss and one can stop discussing at any time. Since you consider my position untenable when I find it far from so, then maybe my response in a forum like this one is more for anyone who wants to read. 1. Takkyu lives in...
  14. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    I am not entirely sure Japan is unique in making women defacto bearers of custody rights, women usually have the advantage in such situations for a variety of reasons in US law, though some states are friendlier to fathers than others. But I have heard that usually, a lot of Japanese law/custom...
  15. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Stockholm syndrome is a well known abuse phenomenon. I will find some time to watch the video but one of my favorite books is Gavin De Becker's "The Gift of Fear".
  16. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    He does need proof to say that people have made insinuations and passed judgment *without proof*. Just as you are making insinuations based on things that may or may not apply to this case. I have not watched the police cam video. But you pointed out that there were a lot of things that the...
  17. NL & USDC: I'm downgrading...

    When I got/gave coaching, it was usually once a week for just one hour, unless there was a training camp or something like that. That was how I sucked less, as well as playing matches. It was never train hardcore 6 hours a week, talk less of a day. What would happen was that the coach or...
  18. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    So you have proof that the press reports are wrong? Care to share? I would have thought the press reports and the court judgment are enough for people to form a reasonable conclusion, just as we do in most spheres in life.
  19. NL & USDC: I'm downgrading...

    The reason Tony is asking is that it is rare for a coach to graduate a student so early unless the coach feels the student is not responding to coaching.
  20. What innerforce to go for?

    Thanks for posting, I thought your perspective that the Dima blade is not as innerforce as most innerforce blades was a perspective worth sharing, I actually considered recommending the Cybershape or Stiga Inspira as Koto innercarbon though not ALC. But in many ways the Cybershape is designed...
Top