Search results

  1. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    NDH, At the next party, no beer or shots for you! Whether you drink or not! SMH... Anyways, Dan will decide what direction he wants the forum to go in. But honestly, in my not-so-humble-opinion, it is things like some of the attitudes on this thread that prevent TT from ever becoming a...
  2. My forehand issue

    Haha, you are right, I don't know him at all - for all I know this could be a hacker. I am just trying to treat him how I would hope to be treated. You don't need to know someone to know that struggling can put you in a dark place, and that sometimes, you just need to be encouraged to get...
  3. My forehand issue

    Try to read his post, his coach has lost faith in him. I don't think your response is appropriate given that with his age as well, he might not have the experience with success, failure and perseverance that might make him see that one month is a very short period of time and that things that...
  4. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law#:~:text=Cunningham's%20Law%20states%20%22the%20best,the%20inventor%20of%20wiki%20software A lot of how you classify the behavior depends on your feelings about human nature. But why do people hotly debate questions that often have no easy...
  5. My forehand issue

    You are young, life is like this. When you are doing something difficult, there will always be challenges and problems. There are always good times and bad times in life, the key is not to let the bad times make you think that they are the only thing that ever happens - I am sure even with...
  6. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Thanks for the response. It gives me insight into how you see things which I appreciate.
  7. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    If you were to look at the stats for the whole website, the same posters are pretty much the people who keep your website going, with some people simply not posting because it doesn't interest them. Food for thought. All of this is par for the course on a lot of topics. There is other stuff...
  8. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    How many people do you think have left TTD becauss of this "bad look"? And would your opinion change if other TT forums in Asia or Australia considered this a bigger topic?
  9. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Carl, No one ever needs to explain why someone is acting in their selfish interests - no normal human being finds that hard to understand. What we need to explain is why they are doing this when there are consequences that involve hurting others and potentially themselves. Even if we are all...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I drove out to the TT club on a weekday. Still waiting for Der to do Dallas since the club is in a Korean mall and has a Korean owner so we can do barbeque. I mostly trained for the time I was there and got to hit a lot more with the Cybershape. Did an hour of countering and blocking...
  11. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    I hope it was clear that I was being a bit facetious with that specific "misogyny" claim.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The problem with cheaper blades (and rubbers) isn't always how they play once, but whether they will remain consistent across different instances. Quality control for these things means that if you like it, you have no guarantee that the next person will like what you liked since the blade...
  13. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Yes, it is definitely rude to make fun of a woman's appearance in modern discourse, especially when a man does it, and so publicly too. Though I wonder what would have happened if an equally powerful woman was so rude. The things women use to describe other women's appearances make men look...
  14. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Again, the law has spoken - courts have made judgments. In favor of Chiang. I know the law means little to you in estimating moral standing but while I don't think it is perfect, I think it is important - I follow laws I do not like everyday. You keep writing like she hasn't been heard in court...
  15. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    That is such a tasteless joke but the reactions have me laughing really hard. Harder than I have laughed in a while.
  16. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Yeah, some people seem to be hung up on the "villain" thing. Hence my post about clickbait titles. That said, I have no problem with someone taking sides in this based on what is publicly available. And don't get me wrong, may Ai made a mistake in marrying the guy, or even getting married at...
  17. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    If what they are doing is violating their standing in court and in violation of a judge's orders, they are taking serious risks. That's the rational argument. You don't have to care about their honesty to know that.
  18. Is Ai Fukuhara a Villain?

    Maybe because when there are three lawyers at a press conference, they know what they are doing when they are making something public and that nothing they did at the conference was in violation of the judge's order, which they were asked about at the press conference that you watched?
Top