Search results

  1. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Curious how this blade plays, I have a few Garaydias that I never use, maybe this might be my motivation to use them if you like this setup. IMHO, the dwell time of Golden Tango makes every blade usable.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, slowing down the opponent with variation and deception is helpful and if course if you have no chance in the short game, then go long. The most important thing is the quality of the serve and in my experience, a quality short serve is much harder to make than a quality long serve, but it...
  3. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    The sport is complicated enough, in case it isnt obvious, that there are many solutions to issues, sometimes in blades, sometimes in rubbers, sometimes in practice and training and sometimes no significant solution at all. That's why we need evidence - to distinguish between reality and...
  4. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    You should be able to answer all those questions with quantitative data to make your point and show why they are relevant. My point is any answer to them doesnr support your argument without assumptions that you have refused to be explicit about and when you are explicit about then, they show...
  5. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    People have been selling asymmetric blades for a long time. But your original post makes it sound like most people are not buying asymmetric blades for reasons that you have not presented a strong factual basis for, including people who just want to copy what good players do and nefarious...
  6. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    People do occasionally try things like that and while there is a point to it, it is important to remember that the blade itself vibrates at one frequency. So what asymmetry can affect has its limits.
  7. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Let's take the traditional view of the world for a second based on free market economics - if your argument is right, there is a huge market out there for asymmetric blades waiting your brilliant exploitation. Go ahead and exploit it, since all the dumb manufacturers are not exploiting it.
  8. Some of my today training footage

    I was going to say wood, but I was like, this man has dangerous topspins, he must have changed by now because this plastic ball just makes wood painful unless you really need it. :ROFLMAO:
  9. Some of my today training footage

    Tony is a penholder using Hurricane, those low dead blocks may just surprise you lol.
  10. Some of my today training footage

    Northern California beginner ratings are deflated by lots of lower level events for looping juniors. In parts where ratings are more stable, that guy's skillset is easily over 1000, GM makes him look a bit worse that he is.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It feels that way with the sidespin but they, even the advanced player, are taking more risk to get those placements. And when you combine it with precise ball placement, the risks go up even more. So the speed when they place it unless the ball is high will be slower than the speed when they...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In all this, quality of serve always matters. If one is not serving with quality relative to the level, one will always be slow. The perfect serve is fast double bounce short with second bounce close to the end line and stays low so that the opponent has hard choices to make about whether to...
  13. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    H3 especially boosted is a special beast, I think the arcs are just unique to it. Sometimes it is low arc with spin, especially off the table, which is not normal for most Euro rubbers.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    well, physical is true for high level play in general, but the reason why no spin is physical is because a good opponent will use the lack of spin to place it deceptively, so you need to be ready for many returns. With sidespin, sometimes you have already narrowed the angle, so unless you have...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For me it is actually the opposite - my favorite was no spin service because I usually know the ball will come back light and I can attack with power no matter the height. But it requires good movement and anticipation so I need to be ready to play physical when I am serving mostly no spin...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good serves you know how to play behind are more important than variation yes at any level. But even at very high level, some opponents have strengths and weaknesses that you will struggle to exploit without serve variety. You will be surprised at the opponents who struggle with a very...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So when I asked the question of how you (@Takkyu_wa_inochi) know it is a problem, it is easy to say that serve recovery is a problem without looking at the details. I for example knew when I started playing that I had no chance of using forehand pendulum serves with my footwork issues and...
  18. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    How long does K3 last for you? Some users complain of a drop in performance after a month. I am wondering whether it is worth trying and sticking to after the drop. What do you use on forehand as a contrast?
  19. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    Golden Tango, regular version. The PS version has some non-linear bounciness I have no patience for. It isn't crazy fast so it could easily be used for 4-6 months. My forehand looks worn but it still plays pretty well.
  20. how comfortable are you with hard (53+) rubber on your backhand?

    It's actually the backhand I really wanted to change though I did change both. But right now, I am going to stick with tacky rubbers and just focus on close to the table counters and consistent attacks. I should be able to develop my spiral looping close to the table with practice.
Top