Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The players who beat me hit the ball with higher levels of power and spin than I do and are usually much more mobile as well. I am fairly confident that if my lower body was fixed so I could play without risk of snapping my knees, I would be 2200+. That's how good my ball quality is. I just...
  2. Screaming during play? Illegal?

    Danish - just saying...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Take your time, don't rush, test other's equipment, and whatever you get, commit to using it for at least 6 months, maybe 12 months with a focus on training. It is usually best to just use something that you know a good player is using, though that might make it Butterfly or slightly more...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Rubbers in my experience have more impact on overall playing style than blade, once the blade is in the ALL+ to OFF range. But if you change, change one at a time. The thing is that with the Cybershape vs SPW, you are dealing with different outer plies (harder on Cybershape) and carbon, which...
  5. Thicker rubbers are softer when using the same sponge material

    Yes, sometimes people focus on the sponge using the model of a cushion and forget that the sponge also has the effect of a trampoline.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Or alternatively, one can just not transfer much if any weight, play a more reasonable shot in line with one's athleticism close to the table and be ready for the next ball that comes back. That way one can spin many more balls and take many more opportunities to attack rather than pushing...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No, that is not the sound of bottoming out. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to bottom out a rubber/blade combo unless they were performing a smash or a loop kill and even then, power is not everything. When getting enamored with drills that do not simulate open play, one should...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You're actually taking the ball later (further from the table) and with more power than GM. But GM wasn't going for power, he was going for consistency and doing a drill that has more match situation application with a sequence of strokes ro construct a point. I guess maybe for you, the thing...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Everyone develops a bit differently, I actually built my backhand before my forehand. Backhand serve. Backhand opener, backhand counter topspins. Most people who are properly coached develop the forehand first but as long as you are working on your games there is no single correct answer for...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You need ball holding technique (or an approach to stopping spin) to do this correctly. Closing racket angles is one way to do this, but there are other ways. This is why Gozo is confused. The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. When I used to...
  11. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Yeah, Golden Tango would be borderline unusable with anything that doesn't have Carbon IMHO - it is what it does when carbon kicks in that makes it really special, even if it is good at the other shots. I think the same for Dignics 09c, but of course people may differ on that. IMHO, the SPW is...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You have graduated.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    At least it wasn't his left hand...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    OK, I will just wait for the video of your matches then. But it is very hard to believe that one is losing 0-5 to coach and it is because the blade made a difference in how you read the game. Most of the guys I know who got good fast as athletes, they just learned to return most balls long and...
  15. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Have you tried the Tango powersponge? Though maybe the boosting there will turn you off even more...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah, for someone like you, it is going to take a lot more time for your brain to catch up to your body in terms of reading the play. But fast random drills that challenge your ability to read what is happening or defensive blocking drills that help you play quality shots against incoming...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This question is interesting. I am going through a version of it myself. I sadly haven't found time to upload my matches but I concluded in part that to use a faster blade, you need heavy training volume - if you *train* 4+ times a week, get a really fast blade and get good with it. I am...
  18. Best Setup for chop blocking

    Koki Niwa and Truls Moregardh have some of the best chopblocks. The guys who play the best dead balls in my club use Tenergy 05 on Hinoki Carbon blades. In the end, you become good at what you practice, equipment be damned as long as it meets some minimum criteria.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Timo Boll used to say the same thing about Chinese tacky rubbers. That's why they build D09c. Even with D09c, he still doesn't beat Ma Long and Fan Zhendong. So how do you know it isn't your stiff blade? Or your relatively less spinny shots? Or your less precise timing? Or your blunt...
  20. 2.1 or 1.9mm on T05H (FH) and D05 (BH)

    I know a strong player who found 2.1mm too fast in 05 regularsince he wanted more security on blocks and used 1.9mm. That said, I agree most people would do better with 2.1mm especially with the plastic ball and the harder sponges.
Top