Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    He isn't thinking too much, I suspect I know his problem, which is just that he is still learning what he does not know. Let me tell this story. I was playing a match and went down 0-2. And my coach was watching me and said, "why are you contacting the ball so thickly, you can't swing fast...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You are m right, but I don't think any blade that uses modern rubbers can favor hitting so much that looping and counterlooping is out of the question, it just mostly means the trajectories will be lower and the speed will be easier to get but the spin will require good technique. Definitely...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hmmm.... partly Dignics 09c but even with that, If you think his blade is open, I think you probably misunderstand his technique, it is similar to what I am striving for now when I hit the ball though my goal is just to keep my stroke tucked into my body so my recovery close to the table is...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have decided to revisit my forehand arm usage in light of the recent forehand discussions. My forehand has multiple personality disorder between powerful hit and thin brush. Part of it is driven by arthritis as I really do want to focus on body usage and pronation with thicker contact as...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The key to the flick is having a good counterhit. It's essentially the same stroke with varying degrees of pronation. The problem is really getting in and out and staying low to the ball. I am starting out with short push practice for in and out footwork and building it out from there...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    if someone served short topspin to your forehand, would you still push it?
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have a strong technical forehand flick, if is actually a relatively spinny one. My big problems are my right knee and my ability to read serve spin. Will try to drill it back so I can use it again. My problem is still have to make my movement less of an issue
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Looks like this video is private, Rich.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I understand the point you are trying to make about the second topspin but I think it is precisely the kind of topspin I played for a long time before I rebuilt my forehand technique. Which is why I am pointing out that pedagogy is not the same thing as reality. For example, I would argue...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You are confusing a few things. I remember when an Iranians high level player told me that I don't spin the ball (I was already around USATT 2000 at this time) and I felt I did. And his main point was that I didn't play slow heavy topspin loops and had a drive spin game. Because in his...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Pedagogy is not reality. In fact, many of the things he is expressing are many of the things I feel when I play my own topspin. Are they literally true? Probably not. But are they communicating his technique how he thinks about and feels it so that someone else can replicate it? I would...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    An article to give this some nuanced perspective. https://butterflyonline.com/modern-topspin-strokes/
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You can do a lot more with the fingers I think. Here is my high level coach friend. I think of it as making a figure 8 of sorts.
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Your backhand has whip but the backswing is a bit inadequate. If you can get the backswing to a C/L-shape (the wrist should lead the stroke) and play out of that base on the backhand, it will improve it pretty quickly. It is the tip I give most players and most players who adopt it see quick...
  15. Westchester Table Tennis Highlight Videos

    One of the best monthly events in the world for sure. As much as people hate on American TT, people don't know how good we have it with this tournament, happy that someone is able to finally catch it on camera on a regular basis.
  16. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

    Woman (who liked brokenball but likes Henry more): BB, I think I feel and act better around Henry, I smile more around him and have more fun with him than I do you. BB: That is meaningless, what can he do as a a man that I cant? There is no money he can make that I can't, there is no joke he...
  17. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

    Nah. T05 supports a relatively relaxed topspin game compared to D05. Whether it is sponge hardness or topsheet elasticity or something else, regular T05 allows for a spin style that is a bit unique to it in terms of quality spin for lower levels of effort. Only Baracuda I can think of comes...
  18. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

    Harder sponge is usually easier to control in short game so I think a fairer comparison is arguably harder Tenergy with Dignics 05, though 05Hard is more like Dignics 09c in sponge hardness. 05Hard was probably the first Tenergy I really liked and felt comfortable with.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Wait, so post-serve positioning and short push/over the table flicks then getting out of the table are now recovery steps? Okay then. I see it differently and that is fine. Those are technical details of footwork that one cannot avoid if one wants to continue the rally after serving or playing...
  20. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

    Not entirely sure that I would agree on the short game, but in the end, these are all individual things, but I know many players who prefer what Tenergy does to what Dignics does (and this is without getting into 09c which is a different animal entirely), and they prefer Tenergy 05 to Dignics 05...
Top