Search results

  1. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    The main reason why you still post here is because Carl lets you. You have been banned from multiple forums (including this one) because you are a low level player who doesn't understand what he is talking about and likes to pretend that his understanding of engineering is a good excuse for low...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    So your backhand clearly has it, the forehand is more subtle. That said, your strokes (including your backhand) are a bit suboptimal partly due to elbow positioning being too close to your body, but also do to use of the lower body to optimally throw the whip. All that said, as adult learners...
  3. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    This should end the discussion completely, but he just can't stop himself.
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    This is a related video that you might find helpful, as it isn't always clear whether one video is communicating the details you need to get to - but if you get to spin that comes back towards you, it will be a combination of good whip mechanics and finding the right contact point on the ball.
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    First and foremost, thanks for posting. It's great to see and hear from someone who is enthusiastic about table tennis. It's nice that you got to this level without coaching, but the lack of coaching also shows. You are essentially what I would consider a good adult learner with obvious...
  6. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Which player are you in the video?
  7. Recommend a tacky Juic rubber?

    Is Juic still in business?
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sorry for your loss! Glad to see you are still around whatever the form or fashion. Got a few old heads posting in the last month or so. Glad to see that life exists and continues outside of the forum lol...
  9. 2023 African Cup Finals

    If you want to watch it - women's final on now, Quadri vs Omar coming after that is done...
  10. Using shoulders in forehand topspin?

    Shoulder is really the upper arm. Ti Long has a good video he just released on fixing it. It's pretty much what I would try to get someone to understand. What I like about it is that he also shows a high level player having the same technical issue so that people can realize that unless it...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hmmm... shadow training is not valuable to you?
  12. When is a hand considered large?

    I have large hands, but I prefer using handles that most people find too small or too flat and to use grip tape. But how I hold the racket nowadays is more similar to how Persson/Karaksevic/Moregardh/Bengsston hold/held it. Some people play shake hand with penhold rackets, and it isn't because...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Probably shouldn't be responding to the same post twice, but Carl is making what I think is a good point and I want to make some subtle points about it. To make an all wood blade faster, you need to play with the outer wood plies to increase the rebound and the thickness of the inner plies...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So company after event at SPIN bar, had company ping pong tournament, but was allowed to use my personal racket. Since the word had gotten round that I had a national ranking (that is how rumors work) and that my playing level was way above everyone else, I played with the racket though I would...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Long V to me felt like a wooden racket without any serious carbon upside - obviously opinions and quality of rackets differ. Your views will be interesting.
  16. Cleaning tacky hybrid rubber to keep tackiness?

    Over time I learned to just stop thinking that extreme racket care made a big difference and used water or my breath and my hand. I use the protector sheets to keep the right level of tack.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As long as you feel you will have enough time to break it in, go ahead. I learned over time to force myself to stop giving a lick about my equipment unless the glue job was do bad that the rubber was coming off. Because once I started the match, all I wanted to do was focus on the match. So...
  18. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    NDH, Actually, my experience in life and business tells me that a lot of successful people do well by ignoring all the things that make their arguments untenable. As a great philosopher once said, it is easy to resolve a contradiction by making a distinction. So people end up making...
  19. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    Wait, you said I can't beat you with a handicap of 7 points. We can resolve this with a match. No arguments. Just a match, best of 7, with objectively demonstrable results. No argument or theory. Like I said, I have too much success doing many things in life to put much value in your...
  20. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    I think it makes sense to put your money where your mouth is, brokenball. How much are you willing to risk on the idea that I cannot beat you with a 7 handicap in a best of 7 match?
Top