Search results

  1. Are 5-ply wood blades more flexible than 7-ply (inner) carbon blades?

    5 ply woods are slower and more flexible holding all things constant. The thing is to get a 5 ply wood as fast or stiff as a composite, you need a much harder outer ply or a much thicker inner ply/total blade, depending on the blade composition. Most composite blades are thinner which feels...
  2. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    K3 durability would be the rub though.
  3. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    That's very interesting, I have never played with K3, which might explain disconnect. Maybe I should give that a try. Maybe GT forehand, K3 backhand.
  4. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    It's a very interesting rubber, it might be too soft for me to play with but like Golden Tango for me, the control is extremely high. I hope they can make a harder version, it has some every interesting control properties. But I haven't played a high enough level of player to get a true feel...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am becoming a sadomasochist so I will spot you 9 points any time you want it! So that it will make you happier!
  6. 38mm speed glue era table tennis

    If people want to have an idea of why all the rule changes, this is one of my favorite matches that shows the power of hidden serves. This is a WTTC Semifinal by the way. Though to be fair, Liu wasn't do that much different from Waldner. If Ma Lin hadn't gotten Waldner in the other semis, the...
  7. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    I was probably around USATT 1400 at the time I made the complaint (which if I remember correctly, was called into question immediately by vvk1) - I started training TT in 2011, so my playing level wasn't stable at the time I was making initial comments - I broke 2000 around 2015, my playing...
  8. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    Did he hit the ball at half speed or did he brush the ball more resulting in less forward speed and more rotation? Is it about the speed of his swing, or the quality of the contact? BTW, you still haven't explained why you can't get good spin with a Tenergy mounted on a Firewall. Low level...
  9. 38mm speed glue era table tennis

    If a single tournament created the legend of Waldner (and of course, a single tournament did not), this would be the tournament. Won the WTTC singles title without losing a set/game. Here was the one CNT player he faced in that journey:
  10. 38mm speed glue era table tennis

    This refers mostly to the era between 1980 and 2001, with hidden serves and the speed glued rackets. Was watching this match between two legends, one young and upcoming and the other well established at the time. 2 years later, they met in the World Championship finals.
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Father Time remains undefeated, even for amateurs. I now play less than 4 times a week and enjoy play more. Before I used to play almost every day and my body felt it.
  12. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    tough - sounds like retirement is very close.
  13. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    I will probably put my sheets on the Trinity I just ordered and see whether it is worth pursuing or not. I do like Golden Tango a lot, so I suspect this will largely be in the same range - maybe I might end up with Tango on Forehand and this on backhand. But we'll see.
  14. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    You did say that you wouldn't use MK on the backhand - what changed your mind?
  15. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    Turn the blade over, no?
  16. Recommend a tacky Juic rubber?

    I played with this rubber too (Juic 999 Turbo) a few years ago - not sure where it is or whether it is still made.
  17. What is the ideal throw angle on the forehand rubber?

    IT depends on too many things for you to meaningfully discuss the subject. Swing path is not just about closing the racket, some people swing faster and more horizontally, or faster and vertically, some like to hit through the ball more, some like to brush more thinly. All those things as well...
  18. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    This is similar to how it was when it it was in Houston. though there were more than 3 tables in section 2 to start. The main table was in a separate hall all by itself. And tickets were sold that could either get you everywhere or only access to certain spots.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Posted a couple of examples of Ma Long doing a stroke - just saw this one from Waldner - technique is technique.
  20. Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

    Trolling level exhibited by brokenball - infinite. Shows that he is just looking for ways to insult people, he doesn't really believe the nonsense he posts.
Top