Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Olah beating Kallberg has to be all about Kallberg and I say that as a fan of both. Falck I think ran into a team with good pips coaches but my memory may be wrong. The draws are somewhat insane. I looked at Quadri's draw and he is surrounded by Ionescu (who he survived in a tough match)...
  2. Which blade breaks easier, the flexible or the stiff?

    The blade I broke the most while playing was the Stratus Powerwood from Tibhar. IT made me lose respect for the blade - the neck was just ridiculously flexy and one of them I broke when someone carelessly wandered into my backswing. Definitely, all wood blades are much easier to break...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In general, all contact gets to the wood/blade, it is a matter of degree. Most people say bottoming out when they are arguing that the spin they are producing from their equipment is maxed out relative to the stroke speed because the rubber is too soft or the sponge is too thin so they couldn't...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The best way to help us answer this is to show video of what you are doing when you produce that sound so we can see whether it is anything like the speed, spin and power Hugo is producing when he does that shot, In general, I like the way you pick pro players like Hugo and Harimoto to analyze...
  5. Which of my blades for a 1300 level player?

    The problem is not the blade (all of these are good blades), the problem is your refusal to commit to one. What you need is a commitment device of some sort. I usually have a bet with BRS that we both commit to a setup and if one of us changes anything in the setup, we have to buy two new...
  6. Got to try Viscaria with Tenergy 05 as a beginner

    So there are two possibilities- the most likely one is that the Viscaria is clearly stiffer than you prefer. However, what may compound that effect is that the Koto harder ply may give the ball more rebound than you prefer as well. I personally can't stand Koto outer plies, they release the...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Drive there the night before and sleep, lol.
  8. Rubber of choice for offensive USA1300 level player?

    Train aggressively, if your setup is a problem, a good coach will let you know. Softer rubbers only are a serious problem if you swing hard a lot but cannot remain consistent, or if your coach is expecting higher quality on the ball but it isn't showing up despite your best efforts. But what...
  9. Wrist pain

    A lot of people injure themselves using the wrist (and even the upper arm) to do things in table tennis that the wrist and upper arm/shoulder cannot support - the wrist is something you mostly transmit power to, not something you actively use. And if you actively use it, you need to build up...
  10. Does it really matter what paddle to use?

    The ALCS blade is fine as is your current set up. G1 is a bit harder than optimal in my opinion, you need to swing hard to get the best out of it, though it blocks and flat hits well for an advanced rubber. The problem when someone doesn't like equipment is rarely with the equipment unless...
  11. Does it really matter what paddle to use?

    I think anything is fine as long as you train over time to use it and there is a player using it at the level you aspire to play at (so that you aren't taking a lot of risk). The problem is developing control while playing competitive matches to win points, and that is much harder if you don't...
  12. Does it really matter what paddle to use?

    You have to look at how you win and defend points and then choose from there. But every equipment makes some things easier and some things harder for you. Faster blade might give you more speed with shorter strokes, but quick rebound might mean less contact time so you need more precision...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have to refine my forehand. I have modified my grip already but I need to stop arcing by forehand so much and go for speed as well as spin. I know what I need to do, it is just when moving or surprised, the bad habits show up again. Will need to get in some practice hours this week with...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Going to record for sure. Makes no sense to play without recording, the challenge will be moving my feet.
  15. 38mm speed glue era table tennis

    The question is not whether one could rally (LGL obviously could if you watch the match, and he did win the final against his teammate Ma Lin if that is your primary argument), but whether winning a lot of points off the serve or even serve and third ball attack is beautiful table tennis...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Going to play my first rated event in almost 3 years this coming weekend. I am probably insane to return to this, but let us see how it goes. You can always retire lol :D.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    To this, I would add that there is nothing wrong with trusting your coach as a chosen approach. But you can't 100% pretend you have no role in your self development, especially as an adult learner.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I love this post. Everyone needs to realize that they need to take some responsibility for their own coaching. Coaches sometimes assume that you have knowledge that you don't have. It took getting a coach who trained my psychological mindset in terms I could relate to for me to understand...
  19. Are 5-ply wood blades more flexible than 7-ply (inner) carbon blades?

    Then those Mazunovs are stiffer than those blades. But there are Mazunovs below that range and Innerforce blades above that range as well. The tradeoff in weight and thickness speaks for itself.
Top