Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    BTW, as you practice this more and more, it is important to get used to alternating backspin and topspin. So that you mimic playing against backspin and then against block and don't drop your racket or lower your body all the time. But you still have ways to go to get the stroke consistent.
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You aren't doing well enough in practice to complain about how you miss in matches. Your current approach will break down easily under pressure.
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    That's the whole point of using a fast blade with fast rubber - take away the need to use the body to actually generate anything on some shots. It has a cost. Nothing is free in table tennis. That you think the ball goes over nicely is interesting. You aren't consistent enough in practice to...
  4. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    Me, maybe. because Engiish is not my first language. I dont try to understand someone by looking at every single word and seeing if it makes sense. I try to understand what they are trying to say first by reading multiple sentences and seeing whether I can catch the overall gist. The details...
  5. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    You literally missed the net because the push went where you didn't think it would go. You are supposed to push thr ball towards the net but it sometimes doesnt even go there.. He gave the example I think of when you serve and your opponent pushes the ball and you hit the ball off the side of...
  6. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    It's really not that complicated. You mean you really haven't popped up the ball when your opponent pushed to you on serve return? Not adjusting for the true axis of rotation from an opponent caused by the sidespin on your prior ball is a common error.
  7. Opinions on the Hurricane Long 5 Blades

    I actually think they do but to each his own. He is trying to imply that the values reflect meaningful differences in measuring the flex and vibration of blades and I have found them reasonably valid for the blades I use, but maybe I am just giving him unearned credit. And he isn't measuring...
  8. Opinions on the Hurricane Long 5 Blades

    I used one for a few years. Maybe I had a bad one, but it was really slow.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My current test in EJ mode...
  10. Opinions on the Hurricane Long 5 Blades

    Long 5 blade is barely better than a wooden blade. Get the W968 instead if you can get to that.
  11. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    The racket angle neutralization is more about making the ball go back in a straight line. The straight line effect might lead the naive returner to forget that the ball still retains his sidespin. There are various possibilities, but the video just tries to create a situation where people can...
  12. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    The main point of the first 3 is that the sidespin effect of your serve is still on returns that neutralize it with racket angle adjustments and you need to compensate for it on your third ball and anticipate popups from those who dont compensate it on the fourth ball.
  13. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    Yea, that law 6 didn't fully resonate with my experience, but bbn I suspect as you point out that there is something missing. I just like the fact that this coach is trying to formalize things that many of us just implicitly think. Even if he isn't quite right as you and I agree, it is easier...
  14. Carbon/Composite Blade with an All Wood Feel

    You are asking for magic. That said, some of the slower carbon blades with innerforce/soft carbon design may come closer to what you are looking for. To me though, the point of carbon is to create stiffness and speed, so you don't get the true feeling of carbon without the stiffness that is...
  15. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    I found this video instructive. Hope you enjoy it too.
  16. Donic Baracuda vs Bluefire M2

    As easy as it is to knock Baracuda today, it had amazing spin and the main issue with it was speed. But if you put it on a fast blade and play a hitting game, some of its play is very similar to a Chinese style rubber. In any case, still waiting on that video of Gozo consistently looping...
  17. 5 ply blades - a few observations on my three..

    I can't play with hard outer plies as comfortably as I do with softer ones - limba and Hinoki over the others I honestly think that othe than finding outer and inner plies you like, EJing in the same blade speed class is largely a waste of time. Unless the feeling of what you are using is...
  18. Why Rozena?

    "Other than it is a Butterfly product" is a bit loaded. as Buttefy is the only one that sells the Spring Sponge and Rozena is currently the cheapest rubber that uses it (not sure what happened to high tension like Roundell or Bryce as those where the Butterfly tensor equivalents etc.) Because...
  19. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    The very obvious ones - the discontinued Garaydia series, which were the Iolite, the Amultart and the Schlager Carbon. In some countries, they still sell the Sardius and the Amultart. And like I mentioned earlier, the Primorac Carbon is still very much alive. The Gergely is also pretty...
Top