Search results

  1. 5 ply blades - a few observations on my three..

    A part of me wants to issue the standard advice against EJing, but EJing is cheaper than buying cars or gambling debt - have fun!
  2. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    There are quite a few, the Primorac Carbon being the most obvious one. Not sure where the misinformation is coming from,
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    And if the ball is slower and doesn't reach you? I get the idea that you should not reach for the ball but I am mor sold that you should wait for slow pushes.
  4. ETTU Club Champions League Final 2023

    Saarbrucken wins, outdoing the great semifinal. Anyone wants to see alien table tennis, I recommend the first two games of Franziska vs Dang - Franziska was truly on another planet for two games. Still almost lost...
  5. ETTU Club Champions League Final 2023

    TTC Neo Ulm vs Borussia Dusseldorf was the final! FC Saarbrucken: Hold my beer.... Dusseldorf: But we have Dang and Kallberg. Saarbrucken: You can have as many matchpoints as you like - we have Franziska! Genuinely amazing matches. https://www.ettu.org/en/ Saarbrucken outsmarted...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When it comes to spin production, the most important thing above all things, is to follow the shape of the ball (the part where the coach talks about the round ball and the round head and the round earth applies) and to emphasize turning the ball more than giving the ball forward speed. Once...
  7. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    He said he tries to update every 3 months.
  8. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks for posting. You are a clearly a good player. Posting helps so we can know the games of those who are getting advice from and also helps us stay humble given others can see our games. It is unfair for me to tell you to play more like Ma Long when I stand straighter than you and your...
  9. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    The blade vibrates as one unit. It doesn't vibrate as one side then the next lol. There many be other frequencies affected by the composition, but that is not the point. The stiffness is a property of the whole blade, not of either side.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Taking backspin early (unless your opponent is giving you float) tends to make your stroke more consistent on the backhand, because backspin can do nasty things if you let it come to you. This video discusses a lot of things - I like the coach because while he is clearly a better player than I...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah - humility is good for TT IMHO. I blocked almost all his forehand loops off the table except that one. It was a good time to make the block. Watching the match though makes me see how much I haven't adapted to the Boll blade vs my Innerforce T5000 - I even looped some serves long that I...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Here is the video unedited.
  13. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    I will try sending a PM to the guy on MYTT and see whether he responds.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Shuki, is that you? You are still alive?
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I played today with a Timo Boll T5000. It is interesting that the old Innerforce T5000 and the Boll T5000 have similarly shaped handles but different outer plies(limbs vs koto). The first thing that was clear was that I was dealing with something different. The ball was again quicker and...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes. One of my mission this year is to play with more variation in my rally game. My game is too clean,l and predictable I need to practice more options. More sidespin pushing, more misdirection on backhand. And definitely more feints on serve receive.
  17. Technique advice for me

    Obviously this guy is cheating a little bit with the speed of racket and the rubbers but he has one of the best backhands of all time (and he clearly has updated it to keep his game modern) as a coach. The main thing you should watch is how he leans forward to prepare the stroke and give...
  18. Taiwan's new talent

    I am not a high level analyst. That said, let us separate game reading and rally skills slightly from the first four balls of table tennis. Understanding the first four balls is where one should focus for tactical development in my opinion. The biggest issue in this matchup is that the quality...
  19. Technique advice for me

    Well maybe Dignics 05 is the wrong idea, but if you use D09c to spin, you will get suboptimal results for a while and a lot of fairly important backhand strokes which will help you a lot will not get rewarded (aggressive punching and blocking off the bounce is the biggest one). But I fully...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I did test those precise setups somewhat, but it was way too long ago and I think the hybrid rubbers have improved quite a bit since then and most of my tests back then were with regular chinese rubber. The thing I am learning is that with these faster carbon setups, you aren't focusing on...
Top