Search results

  1. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    So the reason I ask is to make the point that the problem isn't the fact you loop, it is the fact that you would not play topspin the same way so your problem is that you are applying a backspin stroke to a topspins ball. This is more of the adaptation you have to do. The biggest part of the...
  2. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    T80FX is a solid rubber. usually well respected in the backhand and I have seen guys use it on both sides of a ZLF blade. I think BRS used it ages ago and I know one guy who used to drive me nuts who used it on both sides too. Ultimately I wasn't really caring about the specific rubber, I...
  3. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Do you loop topspin as well?
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    While you almost never really know what is on the ball until you play it and compare the effect to what you thought would happen, you should have some general idea if you remember what you did prior and how what your opponent did prior affected the ball. In fact, very often, inverted rallies...
  5. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    How many of us on the forum can beat the loser of this match?
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Part of it is your arm/elbow is a bit too close to your body, but part of it is really practice as it is easier for many to make contact with confidence closer to the handle (the upper third feels risky). Some people cover up the lower half of the blade on drills in order to force them to...
  7. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Nah, you have had good serves way longer than I have, you have to have a good backspin serve for this to make a difference. Most people serve that basic backspin so they buy into the pips make serve return easier stuff. While when you serve the real backspin, you learn pretty quickly that the...
  8. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You beat them all, right?
  9. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You served long heavy backspin, be ready to smash or counterspin the ball no matter where it shows up. You serve long topspin, be ready the loop the backspin or no spin that shows up. You know what you put on the ball, the pips can't change the spin beyond a certain range, so as long as the...
  10. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Serving short topspin to a pips player is asking for backspin hit. How often do you attack a backspin or no-spin hit? It will be interesting to see the match footage. The most important thing is to get returns you can read or attack. And to learn to alternate push and spin. But I think...
  11. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Ok, the first rule is to stick with whatever you are using for as long as you can. So if you are used to T05, there is no great reason to change it. It is best to change only one thing at a time. For you, I would keep the innerforce ZLC blade, but I would switch the rubber on both sides to...
  12. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    For me, the most important strategy when playing a backhand pimples player is to force him to use the backhand on the forehand side. usually this is done with a serve into the forehand. You have to find the right depth and be able to move to attack the next ball or float/push it back into the...
  13. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    There are lots of things you can do to practice against pimples but it is hard to get them natural until you actually hit with someone. Tom Lodziak always has good videos on just about every topic and I am sure you have watched them. But for me, I am not sure why a good coach doesn't hit with...
  14. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    My new training partner asked me how I played against pimples and I told him that my TT is from Philly, the only way you don't learn to play pips in Philly is that you refused to do so since we had a couple of coaches who played with them and taught how to play against them. The thing about...
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Good luck! Matches are matches, feel no pressure to adapt in matches so soon, just play your game and whatever happens happens. Training can take time to get into matches (as long as many months/years)- your body/mind needs to feel that your shot selection is really your best option and it...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    First of all, congrats on winning the title. Winning always feels good and the thrill of performing under pressure should never be underestimated. For your forehand (and your backhand): try to follow the shape of the ball every time you try to hit it if you want to be consistent - smacking it...
  17. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Amazing work, Wrighty67. There is lots of great change and adaptation in there and I am truly impressed. I think you are hitting the shots better than I do in these videos. I loved the backhand loop drive cross court and think you should adjust your body/timing to hit it down the line rather...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    IMO, Tango plays more like Hurricane than 09c does (09c does have its Euro properties) so this is partly inevitable and you have ro go through the same adjustment using H3. It is just an easier alternative to boosting that at least two good players I know use so it is a safe recommendation.
  19. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    D05 is definitely not too fast for you. It just requires a style of play you may not be used to, but it is similar in what it does well to Fastarc G1, just better.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks. I think there is room to play better than I used to if certain things fall into place. Right now, I am largely grateful to be able to play, but there is so much stuff going on I have to keep things in balance - hopefully I will be able to find room to compete again later in the year...
Top