Search results

  1. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    It was playing against the pips that kept me coming back to wood blades, that was why I asked. Maybe if I had a better forehand back then, it wouldn't have mattered as much.
  2. Rubber Recommendations

    For some reason, people never mention Golden Tango, and Golden Tango is definitely a top 3 amongst them IMHO.
  3. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    Getting the balance right is difficult, but if you started learning late, it is easier if you want to be consistent to focus on spin. Then you can flatten out the ball more if you are able to. be consistent doing so either by getting thicker contact or using faster equipment or some combination...
  4. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    Do you play against a lot of choppers and pips players?
  5. Recent match I played.

    It could have just been zylon or arylate or another composite without carbon.
  6. Technique advice for me

    I think once you get below the ball, and you backswing with your racket pointing towards you, you will be able to use almost anything to swing at the ball as long as you get the right contact point with a reasonable stroke plane. I have started trying to stop backswing downwards (in my head at...
  7. Technique advice for me

    The ball cares both about the point of contact and the swing plane/trajectory. My point is that you can keep the swing plane and contact point the same for both strokes and get similar effects regardless of backswing, it just may not be mentally comfortable for you. The balls will not be...
  8. I lost my spark for playing TT

    This was the first analogy that came to mind, but I actually have experience doing what I should never have done lol. So I have a more informed opinion than most, though of course, just like anyone's opinion on whether murder should be legal or not, it is only an opinion.
  9. I lost my spark for playing TT

    There is no scientific proof that anything is good or bad,, to make that statement is to misunderstand the nature of science. If thinking anything is good or bad is an opinion, sure you are on safe ground. What you need to ask is whether you are more likely or less likely to have certain...
  10. I lost my spark for playing TT

    No, it's not just my opinion, but I don't know you and you don't know me. By all means, treat your girlfriends as you please.
  11. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Pay someone to coach her - again, coaching her is a big mistake.
  12. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Okay. Read carefully. Usually a player who can beat me with quality pushes against topspin is generally playing at a level where I don't compete. That is very different from saying they are strange or controversial. Hope that is clear. You may just be a 2400 level player since pushing with...
  13. I lost my spark for playing TT

    IMHO, you should coach as much as you want too. Try as much as possible to stay in a range of credibility where your strengths are known and you know how to plug and supplement your limitations. Since you already have DerEchre close to you, the fact he can mentor you on some things is...
  14. I lost my spark for playing TT

    This is such a bad idea that it is funnier. .
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Okay. It's one of those things where again I will just have to take your word for it
  16. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Giving a no spin ball heavy backspin is made easier by tackiness but it still isn't trivial.. And relative to a push vs backspin, it is always lighter. Nothing to do with being Chinese or European there, I've beaten lots of players who push my no spin or side top and think they are safe...
  17. Technique advice for me

    IMHO, The differences are largely in how the backswing affects your timing and contact point (though that is obviously the most important thing for you). I don't see much difference in the two. There is no reason you cannot kill or spin the ball with either stroke, the full use of the arm is...
  18. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    The accumulation is not infinite, no, it depends on both the serve and the receive or the incoming and out coming stroke. Of course a receiver can add spin, but a receiver can also kill spin - it is more common though to use the incoming energy to control the ball and add something it. There...
  19. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Whatever you choose you need the same thing on both sides.
  20. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You have a tutorial on this? I don't think it is trivial at all.
Top