Search results

  1. Wait for tackiness to wear off?

    Given everything you have said/written, it is more likely that your forehand technique is insufficiently advanced to use the rubber, which seems along the likes of Hurricane 2. Do you have to use it?
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    @Gozo So this would have been my answer in the absence of video, but you say you actually loop in practice, so you are unlikely to be smashing in practice. What is your success rate in practice? How many balls do you loop when your coach is pushing to you? Do you have video of your practice...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Without video, the only person who can help you is someone watching, especially if he is your coach. Carl and Hcl have given great answers but if you have the video, you can get better answers and often even figure it out yourself.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for the lesson. Gotta learn something new every day...😜
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Take the highest peak, as that is the peak that we are most interested in for this exercise. There are other things that we probably can and should measure for understanding blade properties, but that would require some more investigation that some people have done, but I haven't deeply studied...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tamca 5000 is the carbon in Butterfly Carbon blades. It is in many of their blades including the Primorac Carbon, Gergely, anything labelled T5000, and just about anything with the Carbon label that doesn't have another fiber (in those, it is woven with another fiber).
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I know some old school topspin players who like it with inverted rubber in the old days as well. But as you said, for developing players, there are better options. But everyone can use what they like. I once used Giant Dragon Balsa blades when I was learning and even played with a Giant...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't even think there is a 5 ply vs Carbon debate seriously anymore with the new plastic ball. The debate is really whether one should learn TT with a really fast blade and what it means to be a really stiff and fast blade. That's why I brought in the blade frequency chart to take the...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is true, I tend to play very close to the table so this helps me against the pips players and hurts me against the inverted players. I don't need the ball to come off to attack it but the inverted player who backs off will get affected by balls that don't come off the table.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Avoiding playing pips players with the belief that your game will just automatically take care of itself against such players is a huge mistake IMHO. I have seen with my own two eyes 2200 players lose to 1800 pips players largely because they had no clue what to do, where an 1800 inverted...
  11. Tibhar AKKAD - New blade Designed by Nexy

    Honeymoon period! Enjoy it lol!
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You current setup isn't slow at all but using a slow setup is not the main point here - your setups were wrong(IMNSHO) in more subtle ways than Gozo's. There are so many ways to win points in table tennis that you struggle to learn with fast blades that fast blades are better appreciated when...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If we read between the lines, what you are really trying to say is that I am not qualified to comment, and that you need a more advanced coach to comment. Which is all well and good. The good thing is that an advanced coach (Tony) has already commented...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah, it's not advice at all, it's commentary and to some degree criticism. caveated by the fact that if you believe you are close to your peak level, then my criticism is meaningless It doesn't make much sense to sing the praises of a fast blade until either 1) one is able to consistently open...
  15. Chinese all boosting, yet never caught red handed/ Why?

    I am not always convinced that the non-linearity of the Dignics sponge is a good thing. But I will admit to each his own.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    At least you know the problem is with your technique, not with the equipment. I guess the question is whether with your obvious technical deficiencies, you have any interest in improving or whether you are largely happy with the level you have achieved. IT's one thing if you were attacking...
  17. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I think the tightening up is natural, even learning things and concentrating with some tension is natural. Evolving beyond it is the key. I think when you evolve beyond it, you gain a valuable skill for life.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is not a serious problem, as long as your body is recovering you will largely get stronger. Just work on the body parts that are not injured.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Here is a slightly different take.
  20. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Here are some videos that I wanted to find a long time ago but could not. All from the over 60 series on WRM-TV. They try to breakdown technique in a way that reduces the demands on people who do not have the athleticism for professional technique. That said, 60+ aged players must be really...
Top