Search results

  1. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Test swinging at the ball in different ways once you have a stroke that spins the ball - come round the side( right then left) more or round the back more and see whether it makes certain things easier . The things you can do to the ball are limited more by your thought of what is happening...
  2. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    If he isn't a better player than you, the first thing is how heavy is his push and what does he do against long serves? Against such players, if they don't pivot, I start with long side backspin into the backhand. This gives me a heavy push that I can then spin up. If they can handle this, I...
  3. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Nah, it is good stroke, but it is something you build up to by spinning more and more and then getting more aggressive with the timing and seeing what happens. We are watching edited video.
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    No problem. Everyone has to learn this via their own experience. Your problem is not the speed of the loop. Your problem is that your loop is not sufficiently spin-oriented even when it arcs.
  5. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Maybe vs topspin. Vs backspin? Usually not a great idea. And there are other challenges for adult learners related to getting to the ball early and in position. It will be an interesting transition, I wouldn't recommend it based on what I have seen, but I have been wrong before and I will be...
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I will try to film some video to show that you are still engaging too much upper arm. The upper arm only adds a little power but it almost never adds spin. Over time as you get better, I suspect you will go for slower stuff -possibly a faster blade (or maybe the same) but with stickier...
  7. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    As an aside, as much as anyone can use an equipment they choose, for your playing level, you are finally using what I consider a sensible blade. Hopefully, you will stick with it for a while.
  8. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Sorry, it has been a crazy time and the new web board doesn't alert me to new posts like the old one did. Both strokes are much better and are headed in the right direction. The forehand is better than the backhand in the above but that is not saying much. Almost no one has the ideal...
  9. How to play against BH short pips players?

    The other thing I forgot is to play more with the wrist and fingers. People who dont know how to generate their own spin tend to struggle against pips players as they are too dependent on the opponent. If you know how to catch the ball and spin it, you tend to be able to stay consistent in...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Interesting position. I think serve and receive are the most important aspects of the sport at all levels si I find your observation fascinating.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So this match I found interesting, featuring TTD's Victor Moraga: And as I looked at it more, this made it even more interesting: Why did I find it interesting? It was a good reminder that technique isn't everything.
  12. Weight training in the gym to improve explosiveness

    Getting stronger is strong, sometimes, bones and tendons can be doing much more than obviously muscular growth would show. Muscular growth or body re-composition itself is requires a focused application of technique, but getting stronger is getting stronger, regardless of whether you can see...
  13. Dima on TTBL

    Truls played for his homeclub in Sweden and got fined and suspended for next season in TTBL for doing it without filing the transfer paperwork. That was the gist of what I got from what I read about it.
  14. Viscaria Super ALC Blade Review | With Adriana Diaz

    I suspect she is using Tenergy 64 but Butterfly has to push Dignics. But yeah, both 80 and 64 are good for punching.
  15. How to play against BH short pips players?

    1. This is a mixed bag and I like the "not below the table" caveat. I think it you are a good hitter, it is better to take the ball as early as possible but give the pips player what you give and them and if you are spinner, just don't wait for the ball because it never comes out as far as a...
  16. Viscaria Super ALC Blade Review | With Adriana Diaz

    Of course. Diaz is spinning with it as well, I have seen enough TT madness to know that style is about the player and optimization about the equipment.
  17. Viscaria Super ALC Blade Review | With Adriana Diaz

    I suspect the blade can support a looping style for sure, it is just would need stickier rubbers on both sides.
  18. Disappointed with Stiga blades and rubbers

    Stiga has this crap with their blades. And I bought more than my fair share. And got a Carbonado 145 that was slower than a Carbonado 45. And let's not talk about the durability. Hopefully they are doing better now with some of their blades.
  19. Disappointed with Stiga blades and rubbers

    People should pound the like button on this post. And then they should watch this video for a perfect example of what Carl says. It is funny how at least 3 of the players are well over USATT 2200 (they are some of the top players in Estonia) and yet they all don't rank the rubbers the same.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played more good TT today, partly enabled by my opponents. So my biggest issue right now is playing off the table which I need to do to have more options on serve return (you can send the ball long and a bit high against certain players if you are committed to defending or countering on the 4th...
Top