Search results

  1. Developing player with some potential :)

    I think you should give it a few years and then revisit. Most of the adult amateurs I know do use carbon blades, and for a long time, I was the exception. That many people are going to stickier rubbers to get the spin back to me supports Tony's point of view, I just don't think it captures all...
  2. Rich highlights, match and training videos

    Richie is one of the stronger adult amateur late bloomers on the site, IMHO, we should all be happy that he is eager to post on a regular basis.
  3. Developing player with some potential :)

    Usually the German system is USATT minus 400 points. And in the German system 1800 is usually a master level player as it is 2200 In the US that puts you close to the top 2% what that means with all the international immigration is open to discussion. I am usually somewhere in the top 10% at...
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Even Ma Long and Timo Boll don't attack all the time, it is just a bit harder to them back off compared to us.
  5. More Pros not enjoying WTT and its expensive Costs

    http://mytabletennis.net/FORUM/topic92947_page1.html#1138254 For people who may want to know what was said.
  6. Developing player with some potential :)

    There are no easy answers to all this - thanks for this. Fastarc G1 is not even that fast IMHO so going to tacky from there is an interesting choice.
  7. Developing player with some potential :)

    You have a lifetime to consider these things. And they will not be the biggest reason you improve until your game is mature.
  8. Developing player with some potential :)

    Boosting Hurricane makes it easier to play with at the higher levels but is not as necessary as some make it out to be. That said, there are many reasonable Hurricane alternatives if one wants to play with Hurricane, including some made by DHS themselves. The main thing as always is to see...
  9. Chinese Trials for WTTC 2023

    The limit per rules for top countries is 5. Speaking singles - you can send players for other events.
  10. Chinese Trials for WTTC 2023

    Wang Yidi is national and Asian Cup Champion. The default 5 are Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha, Wang Manyu, Wang Yidi and Chen Xingtong. There are no stakes for those 5 players.
  11. Developing player with some potential :)

    Self monitoring is the critical part of adult improvement, I don't know any adult players who make serious gains without recording themselves. They surely exist, but I don't know them.
  12. Anyone try Andro Rasanter C48?

    Yes, it is very slightly sticky. Very slightly but the sheets struggle to stay on - it does attract a lot of dust and looks weird when it is worn. I haven't used K3. The thing for me with C48 is that the window was too large for me and I struggled to drive the ball with it - it would probably...
  13. Developing player with some potential :)

    This is an excellent post, agrees with my experience and should be discussed more deeply.
  14. Developing player with some potential :)

    The thing is that taking heat off the shots is partly a technical test, it just isn't always described that way. The good thing about hitting the ball hard is that it reveals technical inadequacy, the bad thing about hitting the ball hard is that it can cover up for technical inadequacy...
  15. Developing player with some potential :)

    The problem is not just missing more, the problem is that the equipment can limit your growth in specific ways, but that is usually partly down to the coaching and the training. But a lot of these things have become not as hardcore with the new balls.
  16. Chinese Trials for WTTC 2023

    I think the gap between the women is currently too large as the challengers have one massive demerit or another and there is a large group of at least 4 Chinese women each battling for supremacy. Chen Meng is probably already well past her shelf life to be honest and will do a lot to stay...
  17. Chinese Trials for WTTC 2023

    These matches don't have stakes except for the up and coming players. The up and coming players have to win the whole event to get selected. The regulars inevitably qualify by ranking unless the upcomers take a spot. It would have been more interesting if say Xu Yingbin, Xiang Peng, Xu Fei or...
  18. Chinese Trials for WTTC 2023

    I think he had COVID.
  19. Developing player with some potential :)

    I would say keep the current blade and try something like K3 for a while. My recommendation for what it is worth - keep your blade, switch to a rubber like Tibhar K3 which will give you more grip and touch and just train hard, especially in the over the table game, from there. It is okay if...
  20. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    It is but being seduced by the *speed* of it is part of the problem and it is what misleads amateurs about table tennis. I would practice at maybe 40-60% of my multiball in this relative range and then about 20-30% in both the lower end and higher end of the range of power/spin to make sure...
Top