Search results

  1. Technique advice for me

    IT's not so much the power, but the activation sequence. It should come out clearly that the core of what is happening is being driven by more tension in the lower body and a relatively relaxed upper body. Even if you hit the body really hard or really brushy, there is a different feeling when...
  2. Technique advice for me

    It's partly because you aren't looping them, you are driving them. There are some things to point out about the whole approach to training that to me doesn't add up, but you are an experienced player, I suspect this has worked for you which is why you do it. In general though, I would focus...
  3. Technique advice for me

    It is interesting to see someone still focused on whip mechanics. Great stuff.
  4. Technique advice for me

    HI Dingvibvs, thanks for sharing video and it is nice to see you play. It takes a courageous soul to post practice for others to criticize. I think your leg work on bit strokes could be significantly improved, your upper body work on the forehand fine but you are not spinning the legs into a...
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Other than your clothes, I can't tell your level from your form - which is good.
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    A lot of "footwork" is really tied to prior shot choices and hence anticipation. If you find yourself out of position, the question is how you sequenced your shots and whether you prepared for the next shot possibilities based on your prior shot adequately. It is about footwork, but is it...
  7. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You don't need to move much if your opponent doesn't make you move much - don't get caught up in the myth that there is something wrong with staying in one position - it's more about the tension in your legs and shot readiness if anything, but that isn't really about moving per se. If you serve...
  8. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    If your recovery is too slow on your pendulum serves, just switch to backhand serves (like me), and then you can forget about recovery lol.
  9. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I was thinking more about match coaching - funny though that you both share the same coach.
  10. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I enjoyed watching the match and wonder whether you or your opponent had any coaching. It was interesting to see him largely serve to your backhand and I think the biggest thing you did was not self-destruct as you managed to get higher balls later on and put them away with good reads, while...
  11. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    The caveat I would add is that a lot of the heavy lifting on turning is done by the left foot (sometimes both feet, but definitely the left foot). I think Wrighty has knee issues but even then, there should be some ability to get the ankles progressively stronger to able to handle the backswing.
  12. Basic advice on knowing spin from long pips?

    BTW even when people say to never serve sidespin to pips - I get it, but trust me, if you practice, it isn't as crazy as they make out, as long as you take it as part of the adaptation process. You might miss a few, which you might not want to do in competition, but I learned a lot doing it...
  13. Basic advice on knowing spin from long pips?

    In general, the story of pimples is really a story of grip. The story of learning to play pips is really a story of adaptation. I wrote an article about it a long time ago on mytt - it probably wasn't 100% accurate, but it was my attempt at a universal philosophical approach to rubber surfaces...
  14. Germany Cup-2022/2023 (Deutsche Pokalmeisterschaften)

    Looks like Neo-Ulm won it all.
  15. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Coming to the US as a non-US citizen is pretty much a commitment to that direction. There is a lot of money in coaching in the right communities if you have the right pedigree so he can do it. The biggest surprise for me is that he still plays at a level that comfortably makes him the strongest...
  16. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Hasn't he already?
  17. World Rubber Market YouTube Channel

    I really liked Sergei (or is it Viktor?) Tolkachev's material back in the day but I cant speak Russian so I only hope things can be translated to hit wider audiences.
Top