Search results

  1. 2021 Chinese National Games

    Beijing has both teams in the men's doubles final. Can Ma Long really lose?
  2. 2021 Chinese National Games

    That might actually be better for him - after all, they are the defending world champions.
  3. 2021 Chinese National Games

    To be honest, ML and FZD were on another level throughout the whole tournament. Their match against each other was the best indication of this supernatural level. I hope ML makes it to Houston.
  4. 2021 Chinese National Games

    I heard that too, but I suspect he was looking for an excuse anyways. I think he still wants to win the Doubles with Xu Xin.
  5. 2021 Chinese National Games

    Another classic - hate to spoil it for anyone (I have already spoiled it for enough people).
  6. 2021 Chinese National Games

    ML vs FZD live now, FZD won the first game, tied 5-5 in the second. FZD clearly plays better with a coach in his corner...
  7. 2021 Chinese National Games

    MT Final streamed live: https://youtu.be/dpJ3EXbgATI
  8. 2021 Chinese National Games

    Very surprised here as well. TTD used to be great for Chinese events. Didn't know what I was missing until the usual suspects stopped their coverage (zeio, Jesperstef, and so many others I cannot mention for fear of misspelling their names now etc.)
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more...
  10. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    The simplest way to understand what happened to FZD is to look at Ma Long's career before 2015, especially his record against Wang Hao. If Ma Long could repeatedly play like crap in the biggest matches of his career against Wang Hao, what makes it so far fetched for it to happen in the OG...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Happy you got to play him and enjoyed it. I think people who hang around Adam get a different appreciation of his playing style and attempt to popularize than people who see him on YouTube. Trust me he is playing to win but he wants to win with his style not with the way the textbooks think...
  12. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    No one forgot her, she got surpassed by *very strong* younger teammates. Actually in 2017, after her WTTC silver medal, someone on mytt said that Zhu Yuling had lost her chance that the ones below her are too strong. I was puzzled by this statement, but I think he turned out to be 100% correct...
  13. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    More important to have a lineup that wins, IMHO...
  14. MA LONG - THE GOATEST of all GOATS

    I do think you are analyzing the switch in the wrong direction. I think many more players would struggle if we went back to a 38mm ball. The spin element was much higher back then. It would also allow less athletic but more touch oriented players a place. It's no accident that as the ball has...
  15. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    Stef at mytt graciously corrected my statement (since the World Team Cup is a team competition) by posting this video which happened a few months later:
  16. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    Retire, Zeio Senpai! This is now ancient history.
  17. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    Oh, and Ma Long wins his 5th Olympic TT Gold medal. Fan Zhendong has a lot of work to do!
  18. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    The Olympics Teams event went perfectly according to seeding on the men's side.
  19. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    Timo Boll was the last guy to beat Ma Long in international team competition. Probably over a decade ago now. Says a lot.
  20. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    He would have beaten them anyways. He beats whoever is in front of him - that's the story and I am sticking to it.
Top