Search results

  1. WTT Singapore Smash 2022

    My stream was fine for women's final and the stupid rapper. Started acting up with mens final.
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hi, Mivan the camera angle makes it hard to see your training strokes. Since your partner has decent strokes, I suspect your strokes aren't that bad and that you put in some good work. There is some tension in the strokes that you can improve, but in table tennis, there are no low hanging...
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    If you have a match tomorrow, don't think about technique - technique you work on when you have time or you don't care too much about your results - matches are played with unconscious processes so it is paradoxically damaging to try harder during a match since it is largely about what your...
  4. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hi, Wrighty67. I think you put in a lot of effort and that it would help if your coach worked with you on improving your technique. You are engaging too much upper arm on the forehand. it is costing you some things. On the backhand, you have a decent shot, but there are things you could do to...
  5. WTT Singapore Smash 2022

    I believe it is a DHS ball of some sort.
  6. WTT Singapore Smash 2022

    I think the issue is how to move from a countering game to a game that is troubling for your opponents to deal with beyond the serve and banana. As he become more conventional, his limitations also stand out as his speed/timing becomes less troubling once he has to step back from the table.
  7. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Oh, I know Nagasaki is former WJTTC champion, from my memory, the year she played, none of those girls are on the national team for China now as (potential) key players and I think Ojio Haruna actually eliminated more key players with her chopping and pips. I do wish the best for Japan and will...
  8. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    In my opinion, the fact that China sent so many players here and doesn't want to overdo internal trials is probably what explains the selection criteria for the Asian Championships. It gives the younger players something to play for while also likely establishing the old guard who have a weird...
  9. Quadri Aruna and Bernie Szcocs

    I didn't even follow and know all this stuff about Ai Fukuhara. It was always going to be tough on her husband given everything (foreigner, not clearly a big tyme guy etc.) - do you have any good news article on the subject?
  10. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Happy you still have hope for someone to challenge the Chinese. I saw Kuai Man at the Muscat 2022 - looking at where she has already gotten to from where she was at WJTTC, I think Japan is just ready for another set of nightmares.
  11. Quadri Aruna and Bernie Szcocs

    Come on, man. Quadri is married with kids - don't start rumors that will get to his wife...😋
  12. Europe Top 16 2022

    It was weird. Usually there are no secrets between Bundesliga teammates and Franziska usually plays the power singles position for Saarbrucken. Maybe a changing of the guard is near....
  13. Europe Top 16 2022

    Why did Darko wear Swedish colors... 😁 Europe's future is in good hands.
  14. Europe Top 16 2022

    https://www.ettu.tv/en-int/playerpage/1214243 The final - in game 5 right now...
  15. Europe Top 16 2022

    R-16 https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2022/february/day-one---packed-with-fierce-matches-in-montreux/ Q-F https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2022/february/the-quarterfinals-at-the-2022-ccb-europe-top-16-cup/ No Dima - Timo and Franziska... Gauzy is terribly out of form - hopefully he can figure it...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Yeah, if I had to work on the backhand again, this is how I would do it. I would argue that you could probably point the racket more upwards than it looks Liam is doing. so it looks more like a right angle at the wrist. There are other whippy things but would take too long to discuss them -...
  17. 2022 All Japan Table Tennis Championship

    Adriana Diaz definitely has legit top 10 potential. One can watch her matches against Ishikawa or the Chinese etc. And see it.
  18. 2022 All Japan Table Tennis Championship

    I would have ruled it a side but those controversies are not going to end today...
  19. WTT Cup Finals 2021

    It is my opinion that people overrate the winners of FVD and underrate the pressure his consistency and defense/counteroffense place on the opponent.
  20. WTT Cup Finals 2021

    Anyone finally conclude that for Hugo is a good athlete, but maybe TT is not quite his thing? By TT, I mean serve and serve return with the table craft of short pushing, controlling spins and keeping the ball low as the emphasis? It's all relative but the Harimoto destruction makes me wonder...
Top