Search results

  1. New Butterfly Rubber Aibis

    Exactly - they know you cannot tell the difference and you think you are getting a great deal for cheap Hurricane rubber at $40.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Then do they loop or push back?
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Do you get the balls after loops or pushes? If after pushes, you can get someone to push to you with pips or anti and keep the ball low and see how to loop that. Your return should probably aim to keep the ball extremely low as well as much as you need arc.
  4. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    I just tried D09c and really liked it coming from Tenergy 05 Hard. I can't speak for players with cost considerations or inferior technique (or superior technique either). I assume it is a rubber most people can play with though it is slower than Tenergy because it has some tack.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, but the mindset is the same. The ball is low so you have to spin the ball on the table. If you can get low no spin or light backspin feeds, that works as well. You don't have as much weight to work with so you need to add spin and get the ball to dip - trying to hit the ball hard is 90%...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Third ball loop vs low heavy backspin? I find that the higher the level of the player, the lower they usually keep the ball all things equal and that trying to loop the ball without arc creates risk. Especially against pushes. Having the confidence to put spin on the ball just to make it...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of the benefits of using faster and more expensive equipment is that at least in practice, I let the equipment do the work. So I don't have to swing quite as hard as I used to (which I hope on the whole is a good thing for my game). In matches though I do get carried away and this plastic...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't think I have posted training video in a while in the era of COVID19. My club has almost officially re-opened. Here is my practice today. It is long, but basically, I open with my forehand looping to my partner's block, then my partner does his looping to my block, and then we switch...
  9. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    There are two kinds of commentators - expert commentary and entertaining color commentators. Very often, the expert commentators are people familiar with the NHL or hockey at a particular level. And usually, the color commentators, unless they have a reputation for good comedy, always are...
  10. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    That's entirely fair. I probably should just have pointed out the sexism and left it at that.
  11. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    Yeah - it felt like poor imitation of Schlager style cell ball looping. I have damaged knees so I wouldn't say my technique is better, but he can definitely get a lot more out of his legs.
  12. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    This is the internet so everyone has an opinion. If you were to insightfully discuss Maradona or Zidane, it would be hard to do so without having trained or understood football at a high level. It's very easy to be impressed by beautiful things - to teach others to create such things or to...
  13. What is my USA ranking now?

    Can you share his ratings history? By the way ratings are not linear. You can improve a lot and not have it show up in ratings in any meaningful way. I think to some degree I am an example of that though my health issues are confounding factors.
  14. What is my USA ranking now?

    Don't try to rationally argue this with Californians. They will always believe their lying eyes over the hard evidence of match result samples.
  15. What is my USA ranking now?

    Ultimately, given the importance of competitive attitude, spin reading and anticipation in table tennis, you can't know someone's rating unless you know how they perform against a bunch if people with a wide band of ratings. If we knew what MOG's national rank was and players relative to him...
  16. review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

    Almost no one's forehand can consistently utilize the top end properties of a Chinese scale 40=+ degree sponge rubber, DerEchte, and in fact, that is why some of the players who use it use it. Actually, she is banging and spinning the ball, that is not what her critics are accusing her of not...
  17. Tibhar AKKAD - New blade Designed by Nexy

    As you can see in this review: https://ttgearlab.com/2018/11/03/tibhar-akkad-overview-lab-test/ The main benefit of the Akkad was that it feels very linear. If you like the comparison blades in that video, go for it. But for what I do now, it would be a snail. Carbonado 245 is not that fast...
  18. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    The main event is a year away. They will figure it out.
  19. Tibhar AKKAD - New blade Designed by Nexy

    I liked the Akkad when I first used it. But over time, for whatever reason, it felt light and hollow and I couldn't stick with it. I preferred the Arche for example. The Akkad is a really unique blade - great handle construction. I think my body slowed down and I started looking for faster...
Top