Search results

  1. How to explain why somebody must be passive when exercising

    There is another point to make - usually, in a real match, if you can control the ball of your opponent, it is very important because the more power you put into a shot relative to your technical limit, the harder it is to recover from playing the shot. Moreover, many people can't repeatedly...
  2. How to explain why somebody must be passive when exercising

    Well, it depends on what your goals are - if you want to improve, you need controlled drills to understand your game better. I suspect your father doesn't find technical development fun and just doesn't even want to do it. This is not an uncommon attitude. In fact, one of the things about...
  3. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    I love it. Are they going to donate the cure for free to the world?
  4. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    So is it effective or placebo?
  5. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Yes, which is why if things suck in a year, they can cancel then again. Finding the right balance is hard, but not living life has consequences.
  6. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    There are many things they have to balance. There are many interests involved and they (IOC) will not get compensated by insurance companies unless they make every attempt possible to hold the Olympics.
  7. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Is there good evidence that respirators/ventilators improve survival rates in people sick enough to use them?
  8. Large Table Tennis Shoes

    I think squash/volleyball/badminton are your best bet. Good luck if you find anything better because I would like to know too.
  9. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    If you have the stomach to sit through some of the briefings, the blatant campaigning is nauseating.
  10. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    This is interesting even if only a simulation. https://www.cityam.com/coronavirus-may-have-infected-half-of-uk-population-according-to-experts/
  11. Is your club closed because of corona?

    And I think that is the main difference - you have a population smart enough to take these things seriously - very few people I suspect will get sick and go and hide. Most will self-quarantine. It will be interesting to see the outcome and see whether central government controls would have...
  12. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    I agree that the quality of evidence based on the news article is low. That said, I still find blaming the President for people taking aquarium cleaner is a bit much. But to each his own. My main point is that the President wasn't going on zero evidence - after all you feel/felt that...
  13. Why do CNT players still use carbonado 45 if theres 245?

    The 245 is also an interesting blade. I don't think most players would like it. It is a bit fast when you hit but slower when you loop hard. So guaging the speed is hard. Also Carbonado 45 is not as slow as it seems. I am currently using it and like it a lot. The 145 is also a good medium...
  14. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Chloroquine has been arguably effective in treating many people. The argument between Trump.and Fauci was about evidential standards and not about whether the drug was really promising or not. Someone who saved his life after using chloroquine places credit with the drug. Trump didn't tell...
  15. Is your club closed because of corona?

    The fact that the Spanish government sounds just like the US government did before the pandemic did might say something. But maybe not...
  16. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    You think this skills will degrade enough that Fan becomes unstoppable or LYJ and Harimoto get too strong? I don't think so. I think the extra one year gives him time to get healthier.
  17. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Andy Smith The people who died didn't even take chloroquine drugs. They took chloroquine phosphate meant for fish tanks. We need to draw the line somewhere at personal responsibility. I don't think people over 70 years old should be permitted to be Presidents and I agree that Trump is an...
  18. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    A disease poses great risk to the most powerful voting demographic in the US and the guy wants to sacrifice them. He has balls even if his values are moronic.
  19. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    Give me a break. Even in Nigeria people started self dosing chloroquine stupidly and at least they were taking real pills not stuff to be put in fish tanks. You can't account for every stupid thing people will do because of what someone said.
  20. Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

    They have enough resources to measure cases that are serious and record them but not enough to save everyone. In some poorer countries, the awareness isn't there to make the measurements. The low case load in Africa wo far might mean something but I won't speculate anymore because I really...
Top