Search results

  1. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Shibata: Do I look like a chopper?
  2. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    You know better since I have posted extensively. I think most people have agreed that he has one of (if not the) the most powerful backhand loops ever, which is the main criteria for this silly discussion. People have decided to expand it to overall backhand play which is fine. I have also...
  3. Which is the best blade for a backhand dominante player?

    The beat blade for a backhand dominant player is the one he practices with.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, I don't think he needs thinner contact per se but something more like what you said. But I think he should experiment that is why I didn't give specific instruction. You gave the specific instruction I could have given but I also learned somethings just by playing around with my stroke...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I suspect that you are taking the backhand a bit too far in front of you though it might be the camera angle. Play around a bit with the swing trajectories especially the contact point on the ball and the finishing position. I suspect you can develop both a safer swing and a drive swing, now...
  6. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Actually it does. It is up to people to see whether it is technically deficient. Bullis a high spin player and a lefty whose forehand can make many backhands look bad. Making that a matter of technique is really weird.
  7. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Sometimes we confuse what happens when we play a better player who is motivated to beat us with the quality of our play/stroke. Pitchford looked worse than this when he played Boll. Are you saying Pitchford doesn't have a good backhand?
  8. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Yeah for many players, good backhand is almost the same thing as playing level as the top players generally have good strokes. But when we usually discuss the beat backhand, we usually mean spectacular backhand topspin and it seems people want to expand it. Olah is maybe 50 to 100, but his...
  9. Best Brand Over-all?

    Butterfly no doubt.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I watched this video. https://youtu.be/o6MauV2tM00 It was so inspiring that I went to work in this video: https://youtu.be/3haEpvl5J_g People say my swing is too big but what about this guy... https://youtu.be/CgrS5_hTkps?t=78 In any case I feel I have hope for developing a useful...
  11. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Nah, Olah has a very strong backhand. Very strong - in fact his overall backhand play is very devastating. Pitchford struggled to get through it. Give that some thought.
  12. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    One can debate quality of the field but what Jorgic did this weekend is better than anything Tokic ever did. I do remember Tokic having one Euro bronze or silver but that was about it.
  13. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Yes we are but comparing him to players who go further in events is not fair since that is partly a function of age. Maybe I read too much into that but Jorgic hasn't played at senior level for that long and he is already in the top league in Germany.
  14. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    I don't think it has anything to do with giving up, she is now playing a B team schedule with the Hashimotos of the team.
  15. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Men, you are as bad as RidTheKid. Whether you like Kanak or not, he is an extremely solid player. So is Jorgic at 21. Kanak is 19.
  16. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    And age and development has nothing to do with this? You think it is technical? Does Tokic go far in every tournament? What do you think of Kanak Jha?
  17. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    You mean Darko doesn't have a good forehand? Or just his footwork? Or something else?
  18. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    I was thinking recently about how similar in some ways Jorgic is to his compatriot, Bojan Tokic. Anyone else see (some) similarities?
  19. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Not sure it is a matter of style but to each his own. There is a bias in TT to make things about style when all the Chinese largely did was invest more resources in playing like Europeans. Liang Jingkun in many ways is a Chinese Jorgic just not encouraged to develop thr same way for...
  20. Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

    Yet people will list Karaksevic as one of the best backhands ever even though I doubt he ever cracked the top 30.
Top