Search results

  1. Dear fellow EJs, give me your (non)wisdom

    I have the same problem 🙂 Last week I wanted to buy the Acoustic Carbon G-Revision, but they didn't have it in my preferred weight (I prefer lighter blades). I've read that both Acoustic Carbon and MK Carbon are great options for playing close to the table, whihc is my style. I think I'll go for...
  2. Hinoki ZLC

    Have you had a chance to test it yet? How does it play? I'm planing to switch to mid pips on BH next season, so I'm thinking of testing a combi blade
  3. Hinoki ZLC

    Stuor Nobilis Gold is a great blade for the price. I played with it for about a year. The main reason I switched was that I had some trouble controlling BH blocks close to the table, but still tempted to get a lighter one. It pairs well with slightly slower rubbers on the forehand. I tried...
  4. Do fast anti-spin rubbers work with combi blades?

    A combi blade might work well if you want to tame DMS Anti Speed, since it is quite fast for an anti, definitely faster than YAP. If you decide to go with YAP, it sits somewhere in between Anti Speed and Super Anti in tearms of speed. If you want to play more offensively with it, a stiffer OFF...
  5. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    In my opinion one of Calderano's problems is that he is not playing competitive matches between tournaments, as far as I know, he is not competing in any league this season. To stay at the top level and in good form, you need constant high level and pressure match play
  6. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    I actually think it was a good call by the umpire for time wasting. Poret didn't have to wipe his hand just because Uda did it. If Uda was delaying, he would have received a yellow card anyway. Just because players do it regularly doesn't mean it's allowed. The umpire has to keep control of the...
  7. New to PIPS! Some questions!

    Here is a video where a guy tests different OX pips using Viscaria . Youtube
  8. Do you practice pushing?

    I knew a coach who taught his students to start by learning pushing on both FH/BH as the first stroke, before learning anything else. At the time I found it a bit strange, but now I think it was actually a good approach.
  9. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    I noticed the same with my H8, an old sheet I had lying around for about 5–6 years is stil much stickier than the one I bought a couple of months ago.
  10. WTT Contender Muscat-2026 (19- 24 January 2026)

    Is this a new format? I see there are group stages now.
  11. Best Andro blade for an offensive, controlled game?

    Does anyone know how fast the Treiber CO OFF is (compered to some other popular blades)? I'm looking for a stiffer outer blade that is still controlled, but not too slow, as I'm switching to short/mid pips on my BH. I'm considering the Treiber CO off, but also the Treiber CO ALL/S. As far as I...
  12. New Andro NUZN 48 and 45

    Has anyone played with Nuzn 45 for a longer period? It's currently on sale at TT11 and I'm tempted to buy it. Due to my shoulder injury I'm looking for a hybrid rubber that is easier to use with a shorter stroke and works well close to table.
  13. What's the best Butterfly off wood blade?

    According to the TTGearLab measurements: Name Avg. Wt (g) Ep Ec Ec/Ep Vp Vl Vl/Vp Butterfly Korbel SK7 87.1 1.55 1.46 0.94 1.17 1.20 1.03 Butterfly SK7 Classic 90.6 2.05 1.86 0.91 1.27 1.30 1.02 The SK7 Classic is faster and harder, while Korbel SK7 feels softer and has more vibration...
  14. What serve should I use?

    Maybe you can take a look at Dima's service strategy, there is a good video that explains his BH service strategy . On the FH side, he mostly uses the tomahawk serve.
  15. Slower FH rubber

    Maybe you can also consider GoldArc 9. It is a pretty solid rubber and in the same price range as GA5. I played a couple of seasons with GA5 years ago and as far as I remember, the durability wasn't that great. I'm currently playing with H8 39 on my FH, and in my opinion it's not really a rubber...
  16. Should I get Dr. Neubauer Aggressor or Dr. Neubauer Killer?

    I tested both rubbers for just a couple of hours and played only a few matches against my team partners, so these are still just initial impressions, but I hope the feedback is still useful. The Aggressor is harder to use and control, but definitely more dangerous for opponents. The Killer, on...
  17. Child of Bloom Power & GoldArc 8

    Just a small update: I've been settled on Hurricane 8 39° on my FH, and I really like it, but it is quite a heavy rubber, and it has started to cause some shoulder problems for me. Is there a similar rubber that is a bit lighter and it can be a bit faster too? How does J3 38 compare to H8?
  18. Pre- serve self cheering

    I've noticed lately that more and more players are doing this, some French players, Kim Nayeong, Shunsuke and a few others. It's sort of ok if you do it before your own serve, but it gets really distracting when it happens right before the opponent’s serve, when they are trying to focus and...
  19. Setup Advice: Hard to Control in Matches

    My style is also close to the table attacking, with a mix of fast drives and topspins. From my experience, Rakza 7 worked better for me than G1 on the fast, stiff blade I currently use. It feels livelier on short strokes (which really helps in close to table play) and has a shorter, safer travel...
  20. Upgrade Rubbers for Tibhar BSS1

    Have you found anything yet? I’m in almost the same situation, looking for a fast yet controllable rubber for my forehand, somewhere around 47–50 ° hardness. I’m currently using Rakza 7, but I’d like something just a bit faster. (I already tried the G-1, but didn’t really like it on this blade.)
Top