Search results

  1. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    People forget that in 2016, Xu Xin also choked in the Olympic trials by losing to CCY very badly. In the same tournament, ZJK managed to avoid losing till the loss to ML in the SF. Fan got to the final and lost to ML. I know it is a long time ago but things like that also affected LSW. The...
  2. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    English is probably not your first language but ZJK was the WTTC champ in 2011 (which qualified him for 2012) and 2013 (which qualified him for 2016). XX has no WTTC title and choked away his best chance to make one (since his prior losses had been to teammates) by losing to Gauzy. Is that...
  3. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    I doubt it will, he has 6 months to prepare and they will give him every support they can. The guy has done too much for China for them to not give him just about anything he wants. ZJK was worse and got more investment.
  4. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    We have discussed this many times. But the answer, which you can check if you review the Olympic selection history of China is the the (two) WTTC champs of the prior cycle to the Olympics will play the Olympics singles unless there is some serious reason to not pick them.
  5. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    I was all the way with you until you proposed the ridiculous notion that Japan cannot get a silver medal in team with Ishikawa and Hirano. Japan could field the defenders and Hayata in team and still win the silver medal. The gold is the only thing up for debate if at all.
  6. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    Guys, Xu Xin had one of the best draws possible at the WTTC. What did he do? Lose to Gauzy. You don't come back from that unless no one else is better than you. Fan boys need to remember that.
  7. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    Someone needs to remind Xu Xin that the first prize is $100k. Seems he is getting the memo.
  8. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    Why does this look like an arranged match? Xu Xin wants to go home.
  9. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    In 2017, Miu Hirano was the darling of the TT world. Only non-Chinese Women's World Cup winner, Asian Champion and bronze medal at the WTTC. Now, still a great player (let us not lose perspective), she fails to make the Olympic team in singles. Life can be tough.
  10. 2019 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

    Looks like Ding Ning is still injured or whatever excuse the CNT has given for her recent performances.
  11. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Such comparisons, like I mentioned earlier when someone compared Hayata and Kato, do not do justice to the fact that the higher ranked players do play fewer events partly because they have those invitations and better seeding.
  12. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    If we are going back to 2017 to decide what should happen in 2020 without weighting such events appropriately, something is not right.
  13. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Had Kato missed out on the WTTC and T2, she would probably.have played the Challenger tour more and had more points. Hayata is a good player no doubt, but it gets tiring hearing how she has it so hard and others have it so much easier. Hayata has a lot of growing up to do and she has her...
  14. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Everything is unfair when Hayata doesn't qualify.
  15. Help me with a decicion please!

    Do whatever you want. But IMO, you don't need to change anything. Join TTEDGE.com and learn the fundamentals of advanced technique. I have seen 2200 players use rubber they haven't changed in 3 years to hit quality topspin.
  16. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    While we are at it, we could have Hashimoto and Sato playing doubles and Hayata or Kato playing singles. Wouldn't China prefer that?
  17. Adam Bobrow vs Lin Gaoyuan...

    I can take a match of James. I have to be healthy to do it but I can see myself doing it. When I played him at Cary Cup, I wasn't fit and I got a game. He would beat me most of the time but I have the game to beat him.
  18. Adam Bobrow vs Lin Gaoyuan...

    I have played quite a few guys whose main weapon against me is their lobs. The key thing is that they mess around with your level of practice against lobbing and they play different spins to mess with your timing. I have a decent forehand smash too but I appreciate the difficulty created by...
  19. Adam Bobrow vs Lin Gaoyuan...

    You don't sound like someone who has played a really good lobber in good lobbing conditions. Trust me, Jun Mizutani didn't just lob for nothing.
  20. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    People may not know this but home court advantage is a huge deal. I heard that in Seoul, the Koreans had their players stay close to the venue and forced other players to commute a longer distance. Not saying that such stuff will happen in 2020 but home court matters.
Top