Search results

  1. USA Adult Ranking Tournaments

    You have to know the poster before responding to such comments. He acts like you don't need to put the results in context to understand them.
  2. Chuang Chih-Yuan leaves Team Chinese Taipei

    https://www.ittf.com/2019/09/02/chuang-chih-yuan-leaves-team-chinese-taipei/ I hate it when internal politics causes these issues. They finally have a really strong team too.
  3. USA Adult Ranking Tournaments

    Exactly. When Kanak was the #1 in the U18 rankings, no one seriously believed he was the best U18 player in the world but it still made it clear he was an elite player and talent.
  4. USA Adult Ranking Tournaments

    I watched the Amy vs Lily match live. Amy pretty much attacked Lily's serves to the point it became a joke to watch. Amy pushed Juan Liu as well in the first 3 games. Her forehand has improved but I am not sure why exactly as the technique still doesn't look right. Unfortunately I didn't...
  5. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    The Master but I shaved it to make it more Korbel like.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    DerEchte https://www.omnipong.com/Results/1104/1/21-U2050.pdf https://www.omnipong.com/Results/1104/1/7-OVR40.pdf https://www.omnipong.com/Results/1104/1/1-D4500.pdf https://www.omnipong.com/Results/1104/1/26-U2250.pdf Tough when only one advances but DerEchte did well. He beat some really...
  7. Gewo Nexus EL Pro 48

    Depends on what you are using for glue, but your glue jobs are lumpy and uneven. Sometimes, removing and regluing rubber causes the unevenness with new layers being formed on unevenly attached or unglued layers, either on blade or rubber. But porous rubbers respond to such unevenness more but...
  8. Is TTX the savior for Europe

    The "Table Tennis keeps you looking young!" campaign.
  9. Stiga Carbonado 290

    "Trying" is not the same thing as "playing with", moreso because trying usually means "looping" and rarely means "blocking" or "pushing short" or "returning serves" or "playing matches." If you prefer the Carbospeed, then you should be playing with it. Since you are a good player, like Carl...
  10. Stiga Carbonado 290

    This is my point precisely. You are using blades that are not faster than a 190. Yet your first instinct is to use a 290. So why the decision to use a faster blade when you are not currently using a faster blade?
  11. Stiga Carbonado 290

    So what blade do you use right now?
  12. Stiga Carbonado 290

    Yeah but you haven't explained why you think the Carbonado 190 is not fast enough. What reviews did you read?
  13. Stiga Carbonado 290

    Why 290 and not 190?
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You should make a new thread. This being your first post on this thread doesn't make sense per se.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My Hadraw and Carbonado 145 are doing well. And I play a different game now. Most of my work is in building forehand footwork. I want to coach so I don't want to teach the wrong things.
  16. Chinese Women's Team vs USA Men's Team 2019

    My take too, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some jobbing from Sun Yingsha.
  17. Chinese Women's Team vs USA Men's Team 2019

    It was a small event in California not advertised to the public. So most of the people there will be people who consider TT players celebrities. One of my Nigerian friends was there.
  18. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    It's all relative but I am one of those spin players that takes the ball early and spins without big arc. It is quite possible to get decent spin without large arcs. The way spin messes up timing is not as effective at is used to be with the celluloid ball. I do get arc but I am trying to...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Don't be fooled by the use of the word "somehow". It was made entirely possible by the benevolence of Carl and his daughter.
  20. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    The Viscaria and Boll ALC both felt a bit faster. Someone say they play more like Carbonado 190 which is why I am on no rush to test a 190. I get the grip thing and I shaved both Carbonado handles significantly to make them feel more like a Korbel.
Top