Search results

  1. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    They are keeping Hirano practiced in doubles. She already has a decent history with Ito and they haven't decided their teams doubles pairing though they know their team.
  2. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    When would this have happened?
  3. Chinese Women's Team vs USA Men's Team 2019

    I think imi get your point that it is interesting that an ex-CNT player is in the USA. Mine was that ex CNT players can beat Polish professionals as well. Juan Liu was at her training prime as a professional maybe 8 years ago. She came back after starting a family and she is still beating 2700...
  4. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    As DerEchte said, things are in flux. The Korbel has been retired as it has a higher throw than the Hadraw and I don't need throw right now. The 145 just enables to get power without working half as hard and I am not sure why as I don't feel this way per se with Boll ALC and wonder whether it...
  5. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    Battle axe maybe but the feeling isn't that different. The Carbonado series is the first non Butterfly series that I have seriously felt have that hold on the ball when looping.
  6. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    I got a Carbonado 145. Definitely faster than a Carbonado 45 and it tempts me to get a 245.
  7. How to deal with deep pushes.

    The concept of forehand dominant and backhand dominant is outdated other than for describing footwork issues or bad strokes. You just need to learn to perform all the strokes competently and stop branding yourself based on how your TT developed. All the top players have good forehand and...
  8. Chinese Women's Team vs USA Men's Team 2019

    Juan Liu (American citizen, former CSL/CNT player) just beat Daniel Gorak, former Polish national team player at Westchester in NY recently. I suspect that these CNT women could do the same to many national teams and that the result says absolutely nothing about NA table tennis.
  9. How to deal with deep pushes.

    There are lots of things that could be going wrong. Without video, it is hard to say what your problem is. But the best fix is to learn to topspin vs backspin with your backhand. There are lots of good videos on the internet.
  10. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    The Teams tournaments also have another issue. The mor matches a player plays, the more points they can rack up (see Cheng I Ching). So you can be rewarded for being the top player on a team that mostly goes 3-1 and 3-2 and be penalized for being a player on a team that wins all its matches...
  11. Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

    I don't think that's fair to his fans, who do support the sport indirectly by being his fans.
  12. Slower tensor/tensor-like rubbers?

    I disagree but that is neither here nor there. It is up to each player to determine what works for him. I prefer the linearity I feel.with C1 and G1 but one could easily argue that Genius or Vega Pro are faster on some shots.
  13. Slower tensor/tensor-like rubbers?

    I know what the OP is talking about and I personally use the generation of tensors that are like Andro Hexer. This is the list of some for the OP if he is interested. Andro Hexer Donic Baracuda Tibhar Genius Joola Xplode Vega Pro Nittaku Fastarc G1 I currently use Fastarc C1 because it is...
  14. Can an App improve your Table Tennis? Interview with Brett Clarke from ttEDGE

    The app still works for me on my Android. I am trying to build my footwork so I can use it better.
  15. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    You are right, it isn't obvious. I really wanted Franziska to win, Dima can make someone depressed with his attitude which is worse than Harimoto's both when Dima wins and when he loses.
  16. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    It is true for all pips, it is a matter of degree. The biggest benefit of inverted is that you can always produce good spin while taking the ball later so you also have more options when you let the spin wear off.
  17. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    I actually thought he was complaining about the Butterfly rubber but it was halting English so what do I know...
  18. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    I would be surprised if Boll beats LYJ. Boll usually dominates lefties, but LYJ has a good practice partner who is a lefty. Obviously, I Want Calderano to beat Dima, but it isn't clear or easy.
  19. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Shibaev is hilarious. His comments on his rubber should be posted on forums everywhere (viewer and parental discretion is advised).
  20. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Franziska laying an egg. Sad.
Top