Search results

  1. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    This. That is why most people who use pips have to step back to chop and why close to the table players want frictionless pips. The strategy is always to make the ball slip.off the pips. For someone like He, it gets worse because doe doesn't really add spin, she mostly tries to kill it. The...
  2. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    There is no match till 4pm so they are keeping the crowd entertained.
  3. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Fine fine I get it, XX has no hiding place. But no one thought he could even reverse the downslide.
  4. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    This is very true. But FZD has started losing to foreigners like flies.
  5. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    This was before the latest FZD rut.
  6. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Stop hating... your PhD is too high level. If you want to win, win don't lose. That is the bottom line.
  7. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    When you don't spin the ball, you don't have a plan B when you lose control.
  8. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    I think Shibaev is a much better talent than his career so far shows and is being held back by injuries and mental instability.
  9. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    It is hard to appreciate how much of a waste of talent Shibaev is until you see him play a defender.
  10. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Well at least I get to see my anticipated matchup. Shibaev vs defense. I love watching Shibaev play defenders.
  11. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Watching Mizutani collapse in this manner is a bit depressing.
  12. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Yuki Hirano completes Harimoto's shame. Good to see Freitas back in form which I suspect will get better. Boll is still magic and Gauzy needs to do better.
  13. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    True but the main point remains that it is hard to make predictions. I doubt anyone seriously believed Xu Xin would be this competitive in singles again.
  14. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    It has been mentioned before (An Jaehyun) as the last example that Harimoto has a bad psychological mindset when playing lower rated high level juniors. This reinforces that.
  15. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    On the women's side, also a good job. Maybe Hashimoto vs Kihara is a wash compared to Gu vs He but not a big deal either way.
  16. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    On the men's side, I looked at all the matches that didn't get TV tables and the only one I could even quibble with was Franziska vs Kallberg. I would prefer to see them all but a job well done in picking matches for tables.
  17. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Lots of friendly fire in round 1. LYJ vs CCA is interesting.
  18. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    Ah okay. I was going off the knee injury description. Knees are not trivially injured unless there is significant trauma.
  19. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    I think Xiang Peng is the current top junior talent in China adjusted for age. Maybe the other candidate is Liu Yebo. And there were other factors.
  20. Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

    That is very unfortunate as it is likely a major ligament.
Top