Search results

  1. Tips on how to get out of push battes.

    I actually agree with Lula. Posting videos for someone who hasn't shown his video or his technique can miss the boat entirely. I also agree with you in the sense that this is a forum not a private chat so information can help many people. But most of the players who are at the level where the...
  2. Tips on how to get out of push battes.

    Not all multiball is fast or random multiball. I know a coach who had his student doing the drill for a long time to embed footwork and stroke preparation discipline. I agree with perham that looping and moving across all positions to play forehand vs backspin can be taxing. It all depends...
  3. Tips on how to get out of push battes.

    Looping backspin consistently is a process. It can take a long time but you have to stick with it. Looping backspin is a test of your ability to spin the ball. Very often, people who can't loop backspin consistently are trying to hit the ball, as opposed to spinning or turning the ball...
  4. China national championships

    Any team event results?
  5. Touching upon how to grip bat for different shots

    This particular video doesn't do much for me but the overall channel is fantastic, especially because it has good subtitles. Thanks for the link. Now a subscriber.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think the best thing about TT is getting even with a player who beat you. The second best thing has to be doing something you didn't think you could with style therefore expanding your feeling for the sport.
  7. China national championships

    Yeah, Hou Yingchao is a short pips chopper and that is a different animal from what most players are used to playing against. That said, he is beatable. But you can't let him get his forehand in consistently.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's been an incredibly tough year. Trying to get back into TT and managing health and family issues.
  9. China national championships

    Well Xu Xin didn't play. That is why all these chopper made the late rounds.
  10. China national championships

    I have always felt he was marginalized for his playing style. He had one of the best forehands on the world.
  11. T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

    Well I think there is no point sending the obvious Olympics hopefuls to the Nationals. Age or not, I think FZD deserves that.
  12. BH differences

    The follow through is part of the stroke, it may not look like it but it is. And while it is partly for the reasons you mentioned, for a backspin ball, which is precisely the kind of ball the OP said he puts into the net, the extra lift from that motion helps you spin the ball over the net onto...
  13. BH differences

    To be honest, the simplest way to get reasonable advice is to post a video of your attempts. General advice almost never addresses specific issues.
  14. T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

    Koki Niwa style...
  15. BH differences

    Thanks for the response. Now I know you are trolling and will ignore you as such. Cheers!
  16. BH differences

    Did the OP ask about blocking? If you answer that question, we can go from there.
  17. BH differences

    Did the OP ask about blocking? It is getting tiring debating with a faceless and rude person when I am a public personality who is not hiding anything. I never said I know a great Chinese coach, though I suspect there are some people who believe that only Chinese coaches understand...
  18. BH differences

    https://youtu.be/OeLFTvTfhGY
  19. BH differences

    Contact point, swing trajectory and quality of the backswing to create racket head speed. There is a good backhand flick video with Fan Zhendong that shows how you need to use the arm. You need to throw the body upward and backwards. If I find the video I will post it.
  20. BH differences

    Almost everyone ideally hits after the peak of the bounce but the stuff almost everyone says will make you think otherwise.
Top