Search results

  1. Possible to improve?

    No, robots don't help with speed and you need careful coaching if you use one.
  2. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    I think it Harimoto actually does much more with his forehand than he should because of the pressure to play vs. older players. What that means for his long term growth is not clear but the idea that his stroke is similar to Mizutani is ridiculous and is why I bring this up...
  3. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Look at the video when Ma Long was 14. Where was the talent? Harimoto has a very powerful forehand, especially so for his age. Nothing to be ashamed of. But even on the backhand side Ma Long was overpowering him. Harimoto redirects and plays faster. But saying that Harimoto should be looping...
  4. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Well we have the Ma Long from yesterday. Is his forehand as good as Harimoto's at the same age? To be honest , I didn't want to get into it, but the analysis of the matchup is wrong. Ma Long is just significantly more powerful than Harimoto is so Harimoto has to make up for the deficit...
  5. Possible to improve?

    Hard but quite possible. But you would need to find much better players to train against and learn from. It is hard to get faster playing against players who aren't above the level you aspire to play at. Your athleticism and talent are also a factor but I can't speak to that and unless you...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Watching table tennis with higher level players and coaches or discussing the game with high level players and coaches gives you a variety of insights and let's you know you different your naive perspective can be from a professional. I remember one time a good player told me that a higher...
  7. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Not to derail this thread in the absence of matches but here is Ma Long at 14. For Harimoto at 14, watch T2. https://youtu.be/99tgBH1n4Nc People watching Harimoto often confuse technique with age.
  8. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    "Relatively weak forehand", "flat hits"... you do realize that this is a 15/16 year old playing against men and he is weaker from a power perspective on all fronts if he plays a consistency rally as opposed to a placement and speed game?
  9. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Yes points won to points lost ratio. This happened on year in the World Cup where all 3 players went 1-1 and all scores were 4-3 between Assar, Tsuboi and Appolonia.
  10. New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

    This is clearly what they do. As yoass said you have to read between the lines. If you watch the Ice Cream video, I can hear Dan saying that one of the blades is too fast and likely unplayable for many players but maybe I am the only one hearing this as I am listening for it.
  11. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Not if he wins the group. Not if both ML and FZD win their groups.
  12. Table Tennis and Powerlifting

    Carbs and sugars especially have a link to depression so be careful. Sleep is important for all things in life. So is sun exposure.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The reason I ask for these things is not so much because I want to actually learn high level footwork, it is because I want to hope to understand high level table tennis better. The more I learn the more aware I am of how little I know.
  14. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Everyone needs to be careful in that Ma Long group. And while Achanta is the designated whipping boy, he is experienced enough to take advantage of anyone who had a bad day.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Come on Lula, just tape and post to the forum. Use unlisted on YouTube. Thanks in advance
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am a bit jealous, if I was there I would be taping this coach all the time.
  17. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    She got a chopper. She is lucky.
  18. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Yeah. We all know the theory. But Ma Long is reality.:p
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Both are very important obviously. It all depends on what level you are training the player for and whether it is likely to change upwards or not. If you are training the player for high level, focus on footwork. For Lower levels, focus on strokes. Both are important though and everyone...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nah, not really nervous. I tried a bit too hard but the ball was shit. Look at a better player (USATT 2400) https://youtu.be/ByghLFrmCVU
Top