Search results

  1. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    This trials had some of the best junior talent in the US similar to last year (2017 and 2018). The only people I saw not playing that came to mind were the Alguettis. But they have generally accepted that they don't want to go pro as players from what I remember seeing/reading/hearing. Same...
  2. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    The coach has too much power if the coach is abusing it. Because if he isn't, the coach can address important issues related to the team and the sport. In 2017 WTTC, a player qualified and then decided it wasn't worth his time to go because he was not going to be a professional player...
  3. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    In 2019, CNT only allocated one spot via trials. 1 spot. No need for 20 years ago. The rest are coach picks. Usually the coach picks are main national team players. Japan did 5 different criteria but I think 2 were wildcards. They gave the wildcards early to players that now people are...
  4. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    I understand. But my point is that in the end, there is always room for error. Trials are too susceptible to bad days or one time issues etc. Arguments for adding judgement into selection have benefits and negatives just like trials do. The fact that people make selections doesn't...
  5. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    I am sorry but I looked hard enough. I can't find what is not there.
  6. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    That is one interpretation. There are others.
  7. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    So I did why you said and I did not see any play other than the two that originally came to mind in the top 25 who did not attend the trial. So can you please tell me who is not attending that would have attended ? Thanks.
  8. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    In Germany, China, France etc., it isn't done through fair competition. What have these countries done wrong?
  9. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    There is no guarantee that anyone who hasn't qualified is going to go. Kanak is not there because he had already qualified. Not playing your qualifier is a sign of having other priorities unless the coaches approve. Like I said, people want to make it sound like intelligent decision making...
  10. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    So who were the prominent names who decided not to show up? I could only think of one or two and neither of them have any desire to play professional TT AFAIK.
  11. Which poly ball should you choose?

    Maybe Cornilleau is DFish.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks Lula. One of the tragedies of starting old is that I don't see spin as well as people who started young. But I try my best. I still think I have room to improve my long balls. But I will definitely go short once I have improved my ability and confidence seeing the ball.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I do push short. But people rarely ever serve short at the level I play and I don't read ball depth well enough to tell the difference. If someone is serving long and you try to return short because you are not reading the ball, you will always return long or into the net. Moreover I don't...
  14. Marvellous 12 2019

    Yeah. People also underestimate the impact and depth of CNT analytics and coaching. Hugo IMO would be a top player on Super League if he played. He is not technically flawed or lacking in power. His abilities just make it hard for him to sharpen his game without the right level of...
  15. USA 2019 Pan Am Games Team Trial & 1st Adult Nat Rank Tourney Mar 1-3

    This is misinformation, as part of the reason this tournament is being held is for the Pan American games, which Kanak has directly qualified for already. So he doesn't need to come back and play this. Neither Wu Yue or Lily did, so they still have to play.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sounds like you have what you need. I don't try to push FH short other than in drills. Maybe something with softer sponge will do well for you but since I haven't tried softer sponge in a while, I really can't make any informed comments. Genius is the most similar to T80 but the slower speed...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Which of the Hexer, Baracuda, Genius, Xplode, Xtra Energy, G1, Vega Pro generation did you try?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Rozena is overpriced for what it does. Get something old school from ESN and stop EJing after that.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is true. But you will also find out that if you do not learn to take good shots without recovery, it is hard to learn to take good shots.
  20. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    Very soon, you will be accusing Ishikawa of visiting 5 plastic surgeons...
Top