Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Doing a short push off a long push is a level 1000 difficulty skill that even.Ma Long doesn't practice. Pushing long again or playing a topspin are your only real options. Even if you get the ball to bounce short, it will usually be high or long. Better to spend time on the conventional...
  2. the best long pimple to play close the table

    A trampoline absorbs energy. It doesn't generate energy. Do you spring up higher when you bounce on a trampoline or when you bounce on the ground? It is not about generating energy but about the amount of energy you store/absorb and the amount of energy you *return*.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have some video with a professional coach, unfortunately the camera angle isn't great. If people want me to share, I can at some point.
  4. Marvellous 12 2019

    This is a pleasant surprise. Kudos to SYS for defying the odds.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    But not if you can't read the serves.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    There was also another match 6 months later at Lily Yip. I think I had stopped serving backspin then. How did that go? The matches are online - what people can see is very straightforward - if people do not return William's serve badly, his level drops considerably. It has very little to do...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Lets just say I served a lot of backspin serves back then. I serve a lot more sidespin and topspin now. I would actually wager the same bet with DerEchte now and I am still 2000. Thr only difference is that I have played for 7 years not 4, and my serves are not all heavy backspin any more. Even...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Brett was really good at this. Consider joining TTEdge if only for a month or two. He will elevate your coaching. He made me understand that you don't learn to control the ball by trying to put it on the table all the time.
  9. I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

    Try the Classic. It is very similar in handles but more limba based.
  10. The Weakest Style

    I think you are right but the main question is whether the plastic ball has reduced the impact of spin in a way that favors flat hitting and to what degree. I don't think pointing to the current generation of top players conclusively closes the issue. I do think that flat hitting is now easier...
  11. I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

    You are not alone. I played with the Extra and liked it and have a review on it. I recommended it to a friend who tried both the Extra and the Classic and preferred the softer classic. He liked the handle of both but wanted something with more feelings. Does that make the Extra a horrible...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think the emphasis of footwork is balance and recovery. The other details will fall into place once those are accounted for. If you learn to keep the core tight including the hips so that they are springy and also to recover in balance after non kill shots, you are on the right path.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think it is complicated... I will say though that it isn't smart to dedicate time to the short push if sufficient time hasn't been dedicated to reading serve length. Reading the ball is the most important and the least emphasized skill in table tennis.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What level of players do you coach, loopadoop? What is your playing level and how many years have you been playing or?
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Lula, you once said you did not enjoy mytt as much because the posters there were too aggressive. Was it really that? I suspect it is more because you have no connection to people there. Part of the reason I post more here is that we went out of our way to change that here and the moderating...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Fruitloop, I strongly disagree with you on this. I give TTEdge charity, and if I didn't know you in that light, I would have been extremely puzzled by your stance on this. I've played a lot over the last 7 years, hit the ball much more than I can remember and would be embarrassed to admit...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Break in? I just loop with it and see what it does. If the loop is promising then I run through some strokes, mostly short game stuff like pushing and flicking and serving. If it looks reasonable, then I play with it for a month. If it fails an area, it must have done so well in another area...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My right arm looks bigger than my left in an unnatural way. It gets worse when I play and better when I don't. I have started extensive shadow swinging with my left side to see if it helps. But maybe at some point I will have to lift weights. Look at Kreanga for an example of a pro who...
  19. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    This. It is clear that Hayata's overall technical level is very high. Anyone doubting this should watch the match vs Georgina Pota.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is something to worry about and something to address.
Top