Search results

  1. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    It is - the problem is that you are exclusively focused on mobility because you don't have an appreciation of the full impact of TT on the body. As in, I know people who play both, and find it easier to play tennis than table tennis. There is an unnatural focus on bending knees and staying...
  2. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    People in wheelchairs can play tennis. The issue is whether the movements at the highest levels are more or less demanding on the body. My point is that there are people who have played both sports who find table tennis more dangerous to the body even if they find tennis a better work out. My...
  3. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    I am not sure I agree that high level TT is less demanding than high level table tennis. The movements are very different and I suspect that TT is far more debilitating on the joints. I know people who have stopped playing TT and gone back to tennis and their knees and joints feel much better...
  4. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    I agree with your opinion. Part of it I think is overuse of the body and another part is the inflammation caused by the powering of the body repeatedly with carbohydrates. But we will see how some of these things change over the coming decade.
  5. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    Timo has struggled with injuries throughout his TT career. In fact, this is one of the better periods of his career.
  6. Forum format

    I post mobile often. You can view the regular site in a mobile phone if you have a good data plan. I guess the issue is that some people still need mobile views.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    We practiced for 4 hours, this was the parting drill just because I wanted some exercise. I will probably go a bit faster next time and see what happens I just want to be sure my body can handle it.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    We trained for almost 4 hours I think, that was the last thing before I left. I sweated a lot doing it but I will probably push harder next week. I am going off balance on some of my movements but I might just focus on either looping harder or keeping the ball lower.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for the compliments. Get me that Nexy Batos FL and if the handle and speed are right, you will see something truly amazing. It is a perpetual struggle to keep this Timo Boll ALC in my hand and play a whippy stroke. I prefer to use the Arche because of its handle but I don't want to use...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sorry for the unedited videos but one day I will edit. Maybe next Saturday I will go faster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6TKMtQO24&feature=youtu.be
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I do think you are trying to hit the ball past him and that I think is a mistake. We have similar styles but you are better off treating him as a defender and just playing rally shots or spin shots repeatedly.
  12. Looking for rubber to test off season for BH

    Start off with something in the Fastarc series. C1 or S1 depending on whether you prefer what they consider speed or control. I have not used either (I am as aggressive on my backhand play as I am on my forehand play on offence) but they are both popular in Japan.
  13. Hard European topspin rubber

    Actually he is right that the Asia series is non tacky but just have a hard sponge and often a soft feeling topsheet. I agree that he might be overenthusiastic about Xiom but on the facts he is right.
  14. Marvellous 12 2019

    We all said similar things about Zhang Jike in 2016... Basically, if you look at China Olympic selections, the WTTC winners for the past 2 cycles always go unless they are retired.
  15. Hard European topspin rubber

    Yes. You can always switch back if you don't like it. They are the same general class of rubber. Extra spin is subjective. I honestly do not like the way Vega Pro feels when I brush loop. I think (and you can Google tt-spin and see his reviews) that they are essentially the same level of...
  16. Hard European topspin rubber

    I am not even sure it benefits the elite to be honest in quite the way you think it does. There is an unwritten consensus that Butterfly makes the best rubbers but don't need to sponsor more players to sell rubbers so if you are not a strategic investment, they won't sponsor you. And if you...
  17. Hard European topspin rubber

    Yes, I agree with this. I have played with all 3. G1 also seemed to me to have better grip than Vega Pro on slow shots as it is not bouncy but others may disagree. MX-S doesn't give an easy arc but the ball quality for a good stroke is very high. It is also good for blocking and pushing and...
  18. Marvellous 12 2019

    Based on history and past precedents, there is a tacit understanding if how the selection process works. I had long debates on mytt about this after Fan Zhendong was dropped in 2016. And I was convinced by the arguments that the people I discussed with presented. For the Olympic cycle, Ma...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I had one of those "if it is not on video, it did not happen" days. I was actually looping topspin repeatedly, aggressively and early with the forehand. Hoping it will continue to happen when I use the camera as well. Granted these were peers not better players, but the progress is...
  20. Help me improve my FH quality

    Having a rough idea of your playing level helps. It is very different trying to improve the technique of a very good player vs improvin the technique of a club player vs improvin the technique of a basement player. As for equipment, my advice is to borrow and test in your club or if you have...
Top