Rosewood metal logo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hello!

I am in the posession of a Rosewood NCT V with a plastic logo. Now that I see that the Rosewood comes with a metal logo, I was just wondering; is there any difference between the new and the old blade apart from the logo? Any difference in the composition or material or surface etc.

Thanks in advance!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Pretty sure the one thing that is different is the label. Everything else is the same. And at some point people are going to putting posts up that look like this:

"Looking for a Stiga Rosewood V NCT with plastic label. If you have one and are willing to sell it, send me a PM!"

In a few more years when it is easy to find the metal label ones and hard to find the plastic label ones, there will grow a mythology that the Rosewood was made better when it was made with the plastic label. I am willing to bet this will happen.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Hard to say how different they play but the surface is definitely changed. They still have the NCT layer but because of the "too slick to glue" problem of the first generation they decided to apply it in another way. The result is a dull and dry looking blade face comparing to the glossy old model. A friend bought both and love playing with the metal tag more. But for look alone the glossy one is hard to beat.
NCT.jpg

Reactions: dio_hgw and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I think the blades from the Butterfly Black Tag logo were made by a different outsource company than the Butterfly blades with the silver tag.

The company that made the black tag logo for Butterfly is called Double Day and they now make and sell blades themselves.

http://www.ping-pong.tw/index.php?manufacturers_id=50&sort=0a&language=en

The Double Day Valiant Loop King is a really nice ALC blade for under $90.00 and is about as good as anything Butterfly makes.

Reactions: hTheMennace
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Thanks for the info!

Also, how would you compare the Rosewood V to the Emerald vps? I'm thinking of getting one.

I like my Emerad better but I suppose it has more to do with weight and rubber choice. My Emerald with RPG/RG is 185g while the RW5 with TG3 and R7 is close to 198g. I find my Emerald setup to be more agile with better feedback and easier to generate speed and spin.

Reactions: Nilsragnar