Rosewood/Walnut, help

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have used Stiga Intensity NCT for 2 years now, I like it, it's light but quite hard, not as much as a yeo, but still hard. I bought it because I had played with my coach's Rose 5 and I loved how delicate it felt, I was told it was similar to the Rose and I just went for it, it was a lot cheaper too.

His rubbers on the Rose are Bluestorm pro am and elp, mine on the Intensity are goldarc 8, 47.5 and Bluestorm Z3.

My Intensity is 80 grams and my coach's Rose is 95. From what I've read, Rosewood is a hard wood but his feels very dwelly and delicate. Walnut is supposed to be pretty hard, but similar to Rosewood, the Intensity feels really hard with a ton of flex and is kind of vague compared to his Rosewood. Is there any particular reason for it? Is the weight a factor? Maybe the rubbers are just too different to get a clear read on the blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is the weight a factor? Maybe the rubbers are just too different to get a clear read on the blades?
Between these two, I´d blame the weight. The rubbers are of course different, but you both have rubbers with 47,5 degree sponge on one side and a softer one on the other. Since I don´t know the Intensity I´ll leave the rest to someone who does.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Weight is too different to compare in my opinion.
In my experience, walnut is harder. Rosewood has more dwell. While walnut is harder, it doesn't have more speed. Rosewood is more manageable and better for spin. When you put Walnut on a thick blade, it has amazing feeling and is clearly better. (Stiga clipper special vs Yinhe 537.) Rosewood is best on 6mm blades. Of course personal preference makes a huge difference, but this is my experience with Walnut and rosewood.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Weight is too different to compare in my opinion.
In my experience, walnut is harder. Rosewood has more dwell. While walnut is harder, it doesn't have more speed. Rosewood is more manageable and better for spin. When you put Walnut on a thick blade, it has amazing feeling and is clearly better. (Stiga clipper special vs Yinhe 537.) Rosewood is best on 6mm blades. Of course personal preference makes a huge difference, but this is my experience with Walnut and rosewood.
Yeah, that's the feeling I got, Rosewood felt very easy on topspin, very nice feeling and walnut was a bit dryer.