Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ah :p

Do you mean Sokah Hoboken? I searched and found the club :)
But I play near Brussels, thats in a different division...

Hehe yeah thats the club :p.. My memory is poor it was way back in 2008-2009 when i played for them :). Oh cool I use to go through Brussels to get to Antwerp. Nice country :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Yes it is... But not a great pingpong country though :p

We only got Jean-Michel saive

NOT A GREAT TABLE TENNIS COUNTRY ?! ARE YOU MAD ?!
Sorry for the caps but but..

Man Belgium is known to be one of the greatest table tennis country before China and Sweden.
Belgium was once the best TT country in the world.
I know its not the best right now but I do have hope that Belgium will rise again :)
I hope every Belgian have the fighting spirit of Saive! Woohoo! :D

This user has no status.
NOT A GREAT TABLE TENNIS COUNTRY ?! ARE YOU MAD ?!
Sorry for the caps but but..

Man Belgium is known to be one of the greatest table tennis country before China and Sweden.
Belgium was once the best TT country in the world.
I know its not the best right now but I do have hope that Belgium will rise again :)
I hope every Belgian have the fighting spirit of Saive! Woohoo! :D

We once were , but when Jean-Mi was Nr 1, there wasn't that much competition... Today China has so many good players, and even in Europe Belgium is not important.
And I really hope Belgium will rise again :)

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
We once were , but when Jean-Mi was Nr 1, there wasn't that much conpetition... Today China had so many good players, and even in Europe Belgium is not important.
And I really hope Belgium will rise again :)

I think it can. The club structure in Belgium and France is amazing. Am I right here that Belgium clubs are funded by parking meters in Belgium?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Possible, I don't know :s...

Can you find out please.. I've always wanted to know how Belgium clubs fund to pay for foreign players ect. Must cost them loads! The clubs are generally purpose built table tennis clubs to :p... In England we have nothing like that :(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can you find out please.. I've always wanted to know how Belgium clubs fund to pay for foreign players ect. Must cost them loads! The clubs are generally purpose built table tennis clubs to :p... In England we have nothing like that :(

That would be cool to have something like that in the USA as well. The club I play at, NYTTF, is actually about to close because of how hard it is to keep a that kind of business open in this kind of economy. Very sad. Nice to hear that there might be countries that have figured out how to make that kind of resource possible.

This user has no status.

In the smaller clubs we get money from the bar... The drinks and food (chips and stuff) fetch a lot of money.
Twice a year , we also organise a fest (spaghetti for example) to make money .

Bigger clubs have a lot of sponsers and that's how they pay their bills I think

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
In the smaller clubs we get money from the bar... The drinks and food (chips and stuff) fetch a lot of money.

That's awesome, such a great system! Wish we could try opt that approach here in England... I use to love finishing my match in Belgium league knowing I would have dinner straight after and a beer hehe :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi I'm from south Africa. Starting to play in a social league soon. Bought a stiga all-round classic. Loving table tennis so far.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi I'm from south Africa. Starting to play in a social league soon. Bought a stiga all-round classic. Loving table tennis so far.

Hey!

Welcome to the forum. Hope it all goes well joining the league. Your blade of choice is great. I use to use that :)

Have a great time here fantastic :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I believe a club like Charleroi also gets money from local government because it adds to the name of Charleroi as a city. Also Belgium has some good juniors at the moment like the Indeherbergs and Lauric Jean right? I think there will be good players from there within some years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
1) Introduce yourself to the site
Hey! I'm Chris from Magdeburg, Germany! 21 years of age and student of social science.
2) Number of years playing
11 years with some highs and lows :p
3) Club/team play for
TTC Börde Magdeburg / 5th league.
4) Best achievements
Some national tournements when I was younger. But injuries on my knees, back and shoulder have thrown me back. So now I'm just playing for fun. ;)

This user has no status.
I believe a club like Charleroi also gets money from local government because it adds to the name of Charleroi as a city. Also Belgium has some good juniors at the moment like the Indeherbergs and Lauric Jean right? I think there will be good players from there within some years.

The bigger clubs get money of the government, that's for shure... but not many i guess

smd

This user has no status.

smd

This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hi all, I'm sahril, playing for a few years.I'm using rubber and ox

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi Everyone

My Name is Team Tackfire thought i would just introduce myself. Ive been playing for about 6 years but had a break due to work committments i play in lancashire league not many great achievements but hopefully allot to come