This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I am planning to purchase two two-sided Jpen blades:
Nittaku Large Shiny
Nittaku Large Ace

But each blade has got two shapes: Jpen square 162x132 mm and Jpen round 160x140 mm.
Which shape is better?

I assume JPen should give more power for attack/topspin than Cpen. But if the head shape
is round, is it not contraproductive??? On the other hand, the round one
is bigger = more hitting area?

I am quite unhappy about this issue. I could buy one blade square and the other one round
but then I need twice as many rubbers as once cut the rubber will be useless for any
other blade...

Best regards, Milan

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i dont know about round, ive only played jpen a few times because its fun but i use a square one now and when compared to cpen the square is narrower and longer and has a much more noticeable power difference between the handle end and other end compared to using round blades. but tbh i'd use square the different zones fo power is actually a hindrance if you're bad like me because youll hit it with the wrong area and it will either be long or weaker,, but as said you should get style points. and if you're good at jpen it might be a loss loosing that modulation.

but other then style points feel free to think im wrong as said im very beginner at jpen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Actuallly the round head it not that drastically different, it is the square one that is unusual. I would imagine that the Jpen makes you hit the ball in the upper half/upper third of the racket head where the head is at its widest, not in the middle, which should theoretically give more power both to backhand and forehand.

It is quite tricky to get these two blades so maybe I will be happy to get any version available...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Finally I managed to order the nittaku Large Ace Round Jpen. It will arrive in a month or so and I will review it here. Meanwhile I am avaiting Yinhe 986 round Jpen every moment.

I had one cheap square Jpen - Palio Ti-Carbon, but I find that traditional Jpen is unplayable in the modern game - the handle is great and the traditional BH is way more powerful than Cpen, but the head is so narrow, I had so many edges, mishits and even completely missed the ball when trying to brush it when topspinning that I became too cautious and passive with it - and the hitting area for a second rubber for RPB is even smaller.

Hopefully the 160x140 mm head shape, thin blade suited for two rubbers of this nittaku large ball blade series will good for a modern Jpen game.

Last edited:

ACE

This user has no status.
Finally I managed to order the nittaku Large Ace Round Jpen. It will arrive in a month or so and I will review it here. Meanwhile I am avaiting Yinhe 986 round Jpen every moment.

I had one cheap square Jpen - Palio Ti-Carbon, but I find that traditional Jpen is unplayable in the modern game - the handle is great and the traditional BH is way more powerful than Cpen, but the head is so narrow, I had so many edges, mishits and even completely missed the ball when trying to brush it when topspinning that I became too cautious and passive with it - and the hitting area for a second rubber for RPB is even smaller.

Hopefully the 160x140 mm head shape, thin blade suited for two rubbers of this nittaku large ball blade series will good for a modern Jpen game.

Thank you for letting us know your decision(=゚ω゚)ノ!
I'm lookig forward to reading your review(≧ω≦).