Ideas for makeshift return board/spin "measurement" device

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Some grips make different handles more or less comfortable. My grip makes all handle types equally comfortable. I just go for straight because I like the look of it more. I can play just as well with a straight handle, flared, anatomic, or even a cpen.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, could I have a laydown on the Stiga handles?

I already have a case, and I wipe my rubbers, so that's no problem.

@Archosaurus

http://stigatabletennis.com/en/tech-specs/blade-tech-specs/

See the link and scroll down to see all the different handle types. I find that most people use 4(Master) handle types for FL which i find nice with my big hands. Don't know much of their ST handles but if its anything like buttefly's JM ZLC and TB ALC ST handles, then Im game.

Archi, SilentRain's link lets you see them. That is a real help.

Stiga's Legend and Master flares are great. I always like the Legend more. It is the larger of the two. But on the blades that I've had with the Master flare, I always liked them just about as well as the ones with the Legend flare. The handles are solid.

The handle I like the most are the flare handles from OSP. And the funny thing is they are the same size and shape as the Stiga Master Flare (not the Legend). [emoji2]

I do like Stiga's anatomic handle as well. But for me, flare handles allow me to use more wrist on my BH. I don't like straight handles but Stiga's straight handles are fine as well.

I personally would go with either Legend or Master. But, all Stiga's handles are great. Much better than Butterfly's or Nittaku's handles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Archo, still I think, that makin' a return-board could help you improve your spinning abilities massively.
The good thing about it is, you can see easily how much/little spin you produce due to the angle of it and can adjust your technique easier, when you see how vertical the board is put up.

Here's a german diy describtion to make a cheap one.

http://amadieraeuber.blogspot.de/2013/01/bauanleitung-tischtennis-return-board.html

Here's another site i actually even like more plus it's also in english.
[Emoji2]
http://returnboard-itself-produce.com/returnboard-bauanleitung/

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Well, status update. I'm not going to be getting any equipment, because it won't do me any good because there's a chance I won't have a house to live in soon. I'd rather use the 60e on food.

I was expecting S to not HTF but S is H:ing the F, in a typical fashion. So I'm going to have to deal with that.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, and Shuki, if you're not kidding, then give the blade to someone else, I won't do anything with it. I would have loved to try a blade of that caliber, though.

If I am still alive in a few years and moved away from here and can afford to have any fun once in a while, I will post again. Then I'll definitely order myself a setup. That's in the future, though.

No, I'm not trolling, but I wish I was. Just the troubles of youth, I suppose.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is the first thing I would say:

Sometimes listening to Quadrophenia helps.

Second thing, hang in there kid. Even when your homeless you need a decent table tennis racket to do battle.

As nice an offer as it sounds, a Carbonado is probably not the best choice of equipment for Archi.

And if life is coming down around him, well, the racket is still more important than the food.

Okay, maybe not.

Good luck.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Well archo, don't tell me that you are going to leave us just as I was starting to enjoy your company, and I am not being sarcastic , I removed you from ignore list a couple of day's back.

I hope some miracle happens and your situation gets better.

Do keep coming back to the forum , Shuki's best player won't be able to function without your "confidence"

says what [IMG]
Hahah. Humor is best in times like these. :p

I don't feel fear or a lot of anxiety over all this. I'm just annoyed at it and I know it's a grind I'll have to endure, or I just die of the cold and starvation. Either one happens, it happens. I've been described to be really calm under severe pressure, so it's just how I roll.

Yet I still don't put my hobbies in front of the really important things. Even I know that. It's not like I'm entirely cool with everything that's going on, it is a bit uncomfortable to say the least. So I can't just start screwing around, blowing money on hobbies left and right when I have important things to think about.

I haven't dropped the idea of getting the setup, because I do indeed need to have some fun once in a while so I don't go crazy, but food is more important than doing battle with my mighty sword. Only just a little, though. ;)

Oh, and don't worry, it's not like I'm losing my house and internet immediately, so I will keep coming here. If luck turns on me, which it probably will, nothing will happen apart from some PITA. Can't take it for a given though.

So I will keep posting here. But just keep in mind that I have pressing matters that go beyond table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
@carl
Definitely agree that the blade wouldn't be good for him. The feeling reminds me of a standard Viscaria or TBS. I was more willing to send it to him so he could see if it would be a handle that he'd like to use when he picks his stiga blade of choice. But if he'd rather buy it than pay to ship it back I was going to leave that as an option.

@archo
Best of luck friend. We didn't get along for a while, you brought arguments out of me pretty well. You even got me to block you for a while because seeing your posts had gotten to a point of frustration for me. But toward recent times I've come to like you a lot more. You seem to be maturing quickly and looking at things with a more open mind. I like the direction your personality is heading in it's development.

Stay strong if you become homeless. I wasn't kidding about my offer btw. The phrase "when life gives you lemons" comes to mind. Maybe it's time for you to create an environment that you can be happy calling home. The table tennis community will always be here for you to come back to whether it be tomorrow, or years from now. Remember, the only way you could be abandoned by us is by breaking the rules of our home (the forum). Good luck

Reactions: Archosaurus
says what [IMG]
Thanks for the offer, Shuki, but I think it's a bit too much for me. The price/quality ratio is very good though, and I'm honored you'd want to give me an offer like that.

It's hard to become completely homeless in Finland, but it is still a thing. The benefits system attempts to keep a roof over your head, but it's not that simple. I am assuming worst case, because it can happen. I am not entirely alone, but people do not simply provide you a house to live in for free, you see. Everyone is struggling to get by.

I think things will go fine, and I can continue living as normal until I can finally leave from here. I don't want to reveal too many personal details on the internet, but let's just say that I do not feel this country is my home. Thus I must leave somewhere where I can make something of myself and live a good life. It'll take some time, but that is when I really think I can start playing table tennis properly. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Thanks for the offer, Shuki, but I think it's a bit too much for me. The price/quality ratio is very good though, and I'm honored you'd want to give me an offer like that.

It's hard to become completely homeless in Finland, but it is still a thing. The benefits system attempts to keep a roof over your head, but it's not that simple. I am assuming worst case, because it can happen. I am not entirely alone, but people do not simply provide you a house to live in for free, you see. Everyone is struggling to get by.

I think things will go fine, and I can continue living as normal until I can finally leave from here. I don't want to reveal too many personal details on the internet, but let's just say that I do not feel this country is my home. Thus I must leave somewhere where I can make something of myself and live a good life. It'll take some time, but that is when I really think I can start playing table tennis properly. ;)

Do you have a Paypal account? I myself, am not that wealthy but I also don't struggle for money, not at a point where I can just give often, but I'd like to help you get started if you'll allow it. I can send you 100USD for some food and rent pay. Do you already have a job? If not I recommend you first get a haircut, not because I want you to change your looks or that I don't like the long hair, but because it honestly makes getting a job a lot easier. Employer's will judge you and it will cause getting a job to be harder.

Try and stay anywhere with heat and plumbing that you can for free. This is to help save up more, everything you empty into rent money is just money lost. Anything you empty into a house on the other hand is money that goes somewhere, it goes toward your house. If you have to rent an apartment try and rent the cheapest place that you can comfortably stay. Don't spend extra on better internet or cable or anything like that. If you can find a friend that would want to move in to a place together that could keep costs low.

The less you spend, the more you'll save, and then you can finally move somewhere that you can call home.

Please send me a private message and we can talk more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I wish music helped me with things the way they help you Carl. Music doesn't work for me, it doesn't make me feel anything. I love to see how different things help different people get through situations. A lot of people have trouble finding a solution to feeling shitty and turn to drinking. What a waste of money, health and time that can turn into.

says what [IMG]
Shuki, I am considering your suggestion. Just understand that I am not in a grave situation right now and I am not on the verge of being on the street. If you truly want to assist me monetarily, it's not something I can ask of you, but to really be honest, I'd not turn it down if you insist. I'll send you a pm. Thank you, really.

EDIT: I'm curious though. I saw TT11 has free shipping over 70eur.

if I was to be on an approximately 70eur budget, what is the utmost best setup I could get for that price?

I saw a bunch of stuff like Clippers on sale there, but they're a tad too fast for me I think. Would it be wisest to just get a Stiga Allround then a very nice forehand rubber and 729 FX on the backhand? I'm not fully intending to buy anything yet, but I'd like some suggestions for future reference at least.

Last edited: