Return board

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am using a table with some other things to use it just like that.
find something with the width and about the height of the table. ( for example another small table)
put some supports under the legs and you have what u need. ( for example some books or boxes)
40 Euros + Things i have at home.
Are the rubbers and the board good enough quality so it mimics a table tennis racket and will it stay securely in place when you build it up with items like that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
What is the usual height and other dimensions of the return board? I am interested in building one. Got no budget for spending a ready-made board.
So far in my research, I see that most returnboards have the dimension of 8-10 rubbers stacked in two rows.

"The Wally Rebounder Advanced Rebounding System is a 34"x15" board supported on each end with a tripod. The tripod base is about 24" depending on how far the legs are spread out. So about 12" of area is needed in the front, back and side of the board (1/2 of the tripod footprint). To be safe, a 60" x 24" footprint is required for the Wally Rebounder.single board setup."

Reactions: skyphantom
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So far in my research, I see that most returnboards have the dimension of 8-10 rubbers stacked in two rows.

"The Wally Rebounder Advanced Rebounding System is a 34"x15" board supported on each end with a tripod. The tripod base is about 24" depending on how far the legs are spread out. So about 12" of area is needed in the front, back and side of the board (1/2 of the tripod footprint). To be safe, a 60" x 24" footprint is required for the Wally Rebounder.single board setup."
This is very helpful. Thank you so much.

This user has no status.
Built my own return board using an old clothes rack as the stand 😄

Attachments

• 20230923_150708.jpg
    20230923_150708.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
interesting. I ordered the one gordonluvsu recommended. maybe I can attach this to some type of rack if I find one.
I like MonkeyDLuffy's return board because it can be placed back from the table so it reflects a more accurate return time. Also, he can hit the ball harder with more spin if the return board can be set back from the table a bit. I think return boards that are mounted at the end or on the table are a waste because the ball comes back too quickly.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I like MonkeyDLuffy's return board because it can be placed back from the table so it reflects a more accurate return time. Also, he can hit the ball harder with more spin if the return board can be set back from the table a bit. I think return boards that are mounted at the end or on the table are a waste because the ball comes back too quickly.
the idea is to set it ontop of another table and maybe some books

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I dont think I would want one that has to stand on a table. I want to be able to hit strong penetrating shots and practice my consistency with them.

Something like this:
I have a return board I got off of Amazon. My experience with it is that it's pretty good for BH practice, I thought that was really helpful when starting to practice my BH. It wasn't very helpful for FH practice though, my FH shots have too much power for a return board to handle. The margin of error is just too small for something static like a return board.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have a return board I got off of Amazon. My experience with it is that it's pretty good for BH practice, I thought that was really helpful when starting to practice my BH. It wasn't very helpful for FH practice though, my FH shots have too much power for a return board to handle. The margin of error is just too small for something static like a return board.
Interesting. You are probably above my level, but I have also found that the types of balls I can do on a return board with forehand are too much restricted and that I really prefer to put more power into the ball and lower the arc while still loading it with spin. I am playing with hard tacky forehand rubber (Rakza Z).

However, one time I tried multiball practice with a trainer he pointed out that I should hit more "thinly" and that he really didnt understand why I put so much force into the ball when learning the basics. My perspective is that the ball is still spinny when I hit hard because the hard rubber is able to grip the ball at high impact forces, and that an adult beginner might as well learn with hard rubbers.

Its normal to have softer catapult-effect rubbers on backhand, and so the spin mechanics are different, and I suppose the backhand stroke is more difficult since the feet have to be more accurately placed when receiving the ball. I think this might be why you found the return board practice more fruitful on the bakchand, since the hand movement is smaller and so the arc can be more pronounced with a bouncy rubber with high throw angle, right? I think they have return boards that are larger on wheels that you can move back from the table. Maybe those are better for forehand training?

Last edited: