New Bat suggestion - offers greater spin and is excellent for smashing/ shots

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I'm currently using a Butterfly Winning Loop table tennis bat and consider myself slightly above a basic level player. I'm interested in achieving more spin. Is this bat suitable for that purpose, or should I consider switching to a bat that offers more spin and heavier shots/ good for smashing/ attacking? I would appreciate any advice on the best way to proceed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
thanks @Topspinslinger @Gozo Aruna for your swift reply. Apologies if this question seems naive, but I'm curious about whether it's necessary to purchase blades and rubbers separately. Over the last couple of years, I've bought two bats from Amazon, one Butterfly and another Joola. However, from reading comments by various members on this forum, it appears that many suggest buying the blade and rubber separately is the right approach. Could you offer some advice on this? I'm particularly interested in finding a combination that works best for spin and heavier shots/ good for smashing/ attacking. Any guidance would be appreciated along with price and site to buy, please.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Most shops offer an assembly service e.g. https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/racket-assembly-voc-free or https://www.teessport.com/dynamic_bundles/confirm/build-a-bat
Just select the blade and rubbers and they will assemble it for you.
Assembling a racket is not that hard but can be a bit or quite frustrating depending on glue and conditions (humidity, temperature etc.) or if one makes a mistake and needs to peel off the glue from a rubber.
But get some glue from the store to practice assembling with one of your premade blades. Sooner or later many players start experimenting ;)

Butterfly Korbel or Falcima are good blades that can be played up to very high levels but I would get a Butterfly Primorac first (if you want to stick with Butterfly). Similar to Korbel but slower, more controlled.
And, if the shop offers that, ask for a blade with around 85g. These blades can weigh anything from 80g (light and slow(er)) to 100g (fast and heavy).
Rozena is not a bad rubber either but I would choose the normal Glayzer. Werner Schlager explained that quite well in

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
thanks @Topspinslinger @Gozo Aruna for your swift reply. Apologies if this question seems naive, but I'm curious about whether it's necessary to purchase blades and rubbers separately. Over the last couple of years, I've bought two bats from Amazon, one Butterfly and another Joola. However, from reading comments by various members on this forum, it appears that many suggest buying the blade and rubber separately is the right approach. Could you offer some advice on this? I'm particularly interested in finding a combination that works best for spin and heavier shots/ good for smashing/ attacking. Any guidance would be appreciated along with price and site to buy, please.
Preassembled bats are hobby bat. Read: They suxs!!!

If you are getting into the game proper, get a proper set-up and proper set-up comes with "some assembly required" as the only option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
I usually get my stuff from AliExpress. Buy some TT rubber glue n practice on ur premade bat. Or buy some cheap blade n rubber to practice. I practice it on Boer Engineer Timber blade which cost ard SGD 8.00. And 2 Mercury 2 rubber which cost ard SGD 6.00 ea. Glue cost ard SGD 4.00. Turn out to be a decent bat.