My friend sent me a picture of tiny bumps on his rubber. What do you think caused it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
WhatsApp-Image-20160624.jpg

I personally think that it's a bad glue job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I agree with you. Glue! Either not well brushed or stick the rubber on the blade before the glue was fully dry.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Flecks of debris between the blade and the sponge. I had exactly the same thing on my last glue job. (I'm new at this!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I had a racket case that when I'd put a racket in it and leave it a few days, I'd get bumps like this on the rubber. It looked a lot like that, actually. It happened with two different rackets. I'd change to another case, and the bumps would go away. Change back, bumps again. So, in essence, I'm fairly certain your problem is racket case leprechauns.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I had a racket case that when I'd put a racket in it and leave it a few days, I'd get bumps like this on the rubber. It looked a lot like that, actually. It happened with two different rackets. I'd change to another case, and the bumps would go away. Change back, bumps again. So, in essence, I'm fairly certain your problem is racket case leprechauns.

If it is not from glue job, then another reason is that there is moisture on the rubber surface and put into a racket case without allowing it to dry.
In your instance, was the rubber topsheet wet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
That's a good question. I can't remember if I wiped the rubber down before putting it in the case or not. I used to do that sometimes. I also live on an island and there's a lot of humidity. Funny thing was it only ever happened with that one racket case, so maybe it was less breathable and didn't let the moisture escape?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Even I have the same problem !
with Andro Rasant And Bluefire M2
I am Using REvolution No.3 Normal Velocity Glue
Please Advice what should be done ?

As Tony said 7 months ago when this thread was active, take the glue off and reglue.

Reactions: AthishSanjay