Tibhar Evolution FX-P, EL-P, MX-P & MX-S Rubber Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have heard that the top sheet used on the MX-S is completely different to the one on the MX-P

That´s true.

Have you tried the new ones?

Yes. EL-S offers the spin potential of MX-S and is easier to play than MX-P.

It feels quite like everybody´s dream rubber, a 45 degree MX-P ;) Yet it is more than that, although it was developed out of that idea.

And it has yet another different topsheet, not the one from MX-S, so it is no "softer MX-S" or "medium MX-P" or "version of EL-P".
FX-S is a smaller brother, but still its top sheet is not 100 % identical to that of EL-S.

You will find that a lot of thinking and effort went into the development of these rubbers.

My personal opinion - and that of voices from "the industry" - is that the brands have been treading water for a while. A softer sponge here, a turbo version there, now all these rubbers with reduced speed glue effect - it is hard to push the boundaries. But this is why I like these two new rubbers, they are not just softer versions of existing rubbers, they have an identity of their own, even if they aren´t revolutionary.

As a side note, I feel that many players are fed up and bored with testing, since the new stuff of the last years largely has been more of the same again.

And if the marketing of the Evolution series hadn´t been so clever (fooling people into thinking it was Japanese, because all ESN stuff then was just "bouncy ball" crap in the eyes of many) who knows if the sheer quality of the rubbers would have made them successful. When people realized these were "just" new ESN rubbers, word had already spread how good they are.

Oh, and how far have we come since then - by now people are so sceptical of Japanese rubbers ...

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Yeah, why not, it´s only 6 years old. ;)
But if you get a chance to compare it with the more current Rakza X all players of Rakza 7 would know what to expect from an upgrade.

Hmm, from what I've heard Rakza X isn't really an upgrade, more like a different rubber. I've played the Rakza 7 briefly on my forehand but at that time, it wasn't for me. I was more into Chinese rubbers at the time.

Rakza 7: Spin monster in the celluloid era. Heard complaints that the topsheet is not grippy enough for the plastic ball. I can attest to the fact that this rubber was one of the spinniest I've tried.

Rakza 9: Speed oriented with lots of spin. Kind of like Tenergy 64 but without the extreme catapult.

Rakza X: Power rubber. Meant for players who play close fast topspins close to the table. http://www.tt-spin.de/yasaka-rakza-x-test/