Tibhar Blades Collection and Reviews

This user has no status.
Hey guys. Would be curious as to what Tibhar blades you currently own, plan to own as well as highly regard and suggest.
Currently, I have owned/tested Samsonov Stratus Carbon(still own this, will keep this as this is my main blade), Balsa Fibretec 75, Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon.

I now have been leaning towards all wood blades because of how well I play with my Korbel Black Tag. My stall is an allround controlled offensive style focused on blocking,looping and punchblocking... Something like a mix of Kenta Matsudaira and Vladimir Samsonov.

My to test list... (in descending order)
1. Samsonov Pure Wood (a client of mine owns this blade, had a hit with it and it's closest I can get with a Tibhar blade so far to my Korbel Black Tag)

*Force Pro Black Edition(already tried this, but will have to test out more to be able to write a proper review)

2. VS Unlimited and CCA Unlimited to compare the 2...

3. Stratus Powerwood (currently have this in stock but have no time to try it out)

4. CCA7

5. Tibhar Inca

6. Tibhar Stratus Powerdefense (reason for this is I have been trying out a Grubba Pro which is semi-oversized, just like the Powerdef)

7. Drinkhall Allround Classic

8. Tibhar Allround Classic and the 3 Beginner allround blades from Tibhar... Smash,Match and Champ to see how well they'll fare for the beginner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Would be curious as to what Tibhar blades you currently own, plan to own as well as highly regard and suggest.

I own a Red Cypress, but would rather not ;)

Over the last few years, thanks to our shop partner, I have been able to try quite a few blades.

I was most impressed by the Karas, but not by its quality.

We have also seen too many White Swords disintegrate.

CCA 7 suffered, because I tested it alongside the CCA Unlimited, which is good but too expensive. The CCA 7 is ok-ish.

Drinkhall Allround is very good, Offensive vibrates too much for my liking, and the Power Spin Carbon is just great.

Force Pro BE is the blade of choice at our club currently, from fourth national league down to basic level offensive players. Great feeling and speed combined.

This user has no status.
I own a Red Cypress, but would rather not ;)

Over the last few years, thanks to our shop partner, I have been able to try quite a few blades.

I was most impressed by the Karas, but not by its quality.

We have also seen too many White Swords disintegrate.

CCA 7 suffered, because I tested it alongside the CCA Unlimited, which is good but too expensive. The CCA 7 is ok-ish.

Drinkhall Allround is very good, Offensive vibrates too much for my liking, and the Power Spin Carbon is just great.

Force Pro BE is the blade of choice at our club currently, from fourth national league down to basic level offensive players. Great feeling and speed combined.

Why are you most impressed by the Karas?

And regarding your comment with the FPBE... What do you mean fourth national league? So if for example you have 6 divisions, 1 being the highest. You're referring to number 4?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Why are you most impressed by the Karas?

And regarding your comment with the FPBE... What do you mean fourth national league? So if for example you have 6 divisions, 1 being the highest. You're referring to number 4?

We have TTBL as first league, then second and third Bundesliga, our team is in Regionalliga.

There are eleven more leagues below in some areas.

The Karas is just an excellent combination of speed and feeling, also I liked the handle (kinda crucial for me, as too thin ain´t good and I don´t like tape wrapped around it, and too thick is also a problem). It´s unusual build with 9 layers makes it one of its kind.

Btw my comment about rather not having the Red Cypress is because I want to sell it, not because it´s a bad blade.

I remember trying Texo C 7 and Off as well, but only very briefly.

This user has no status.
We have TTBL as first league, then second and third Bundesliga, our team is in Regionalliga.

There are eleven more leagues below in some areas.

The Karas is just an excellent combination of speed and feeling, also I liked the handle (kinda crucial for me, as too thin ain´t good and I don´t like tape wrapped around it, and too thick is also a problem). It´s unusual build with 9 layers makes it one of its kind.

Btw my comment about rather not having the Red Cypress is because I want to sell it, not because it´s a bad blade.

I remember trying Texo C 7 and Off as well, but only very briefly.

WOW 11 lower leagues... That's crazy... Over here, we don't even have ONE!!! haha. I guess Karas is a must try then. I hope it isn't discontinued as it seems like that it is. It has 4 layers of composite material right? Do you remember the composition?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
WOW 11 lower leagues... That's crazy... Over here, we don't even have ONE!!! haha. I guess Karas is a must try then. I hope it isn't discontinued as it seems like that it is. It has 4 layers of composite material right? Do you remember the composition?

Sadly, the Karas is discontinued. 5 layers of wood, among them Balsa, 4 carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Force Pro Black Edition is one of the worst blade I have ever used. Unfortunately, I am almost alone in this opinion.

The Blue edition is much better but has a chippy top ply after multiple regluings.

I currently have the Tibhar King Jung Hoon (designed by Nexy) and like it a lot. I didn't like it at first vs. My Primorac black tag, but the wings and design grew on me over time.

I liked the Stratus Powerwood a lot and used it as my main blade for a while a well (Second longest vs Blue Edition). The head heaviness eventually made me switch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Force Pro Black Edition is one of the worst blade I have ever used. Unfortunately, I am almost alone in this opinion.

You are. Which makes me think you might have received a bad one?

This blade really catches on in and around our club, with players of all levels from fourth league from the top to fourth league from the bottom. Everyone loves the mixture between power and feeling.

This user has no status.

This blade really catches on in and around our club, with players of all levels from fourth league from the top to fourth league from the bottom. Everyone loves the mixture between power and feeling.

I have to agree on this, could be a bad one. My sponsored player did a review on this blade and loves it and makes special note of the "sensation" the blade provides. My coach also currently uses it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Curious and Furious appeared alongside Red Cypress and White Sword over here.
The latter two have been discontinued very quickly.
But I haven´t seen either Curious or Furious "in action", except in one player´s hand who´d take anything an "expert" recommends, and the expert would sell anything that has to go quickly as "just the blade for you". ;)

Reactions: DJeX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I got two. The blade was too bouncy and lacked feeling. The baLloyd always flew off before I could do anything with it. Even when I got one of them back a couple of weeks ago, my opinion was unchanged. It was head heavy and lacking balance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I can relate to this. Not that I was given any advice, but I got mine as part of "cancelled order" bat, at less than half market value... My little finger is telling me these were made to order all the same, as a way to just get rid of the blades.

I can't complain though, there's nothing it won't do reasonably well. Nice and smooth lacquer, loops are a treat and counters surprisingly good. I do wish it felt more direct, especially given that it is quite dynamic, and the sweet spot isn't huge by any standards. In hindsight, Curious might have been more adequate for me.
Still a bargain for the twenty euros "clearance" it sells in some places I believe, probably not the best at full price and it's safe to say you may never hear about them in the future, unless they reappear under a different name.

Edit: quotation jumped ship, this was in answer to Airoc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJeX
This user has no status.
I can relate to this. Not that I was given any advice, but I got mine as part of "cancelled order" bat, at less than half market value... My little finger is telling me these were made to order all the same, as a way to just get rid of the blades.

I can't complain though, there's nothing it won't do reasonably well. Nice and smooth lacquer, loops are a treat and counters surprisingly good. I do wish it felt more direct, especially given that it is quite dynamic, and the sweet spot isn't huge by any standards. In hindsight, Curious might have been more adequate for me.
Still a bargain for the twenty euros "clearance" it sells in some places I believe, probably not the best at full price and it's safe to say you may never hear about them in the future, unless they reappear under a different name.

Edit: quotation jumped ship, this was in answer to Airoc.

Well I suppose they'll be worth a try. Then I'll just sell em of afterwards to beginners or someone baldy in need of a blade. I'm currently really eyeing the Samsonov Pure Wood. Tried one and loved it... Will also get the VS Unlimited to do a review of, as no has posted anything about it yet.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Apr 2016
This 5-ply offensive blade is characterized by an unlimited flexibility. From the hard flip to a finer topspin with lots of spin, you will be able to realise the whole pallet of stroke play for the offensive game with Stratus Powerwood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi Airoc, I know it's weird to awake a post from 3 years ago but I would like if you could provide more info to CCA 7 and/ in comparison with other blades of similar speed. Preferably from Tibhar. Thank you.