says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Why are Super Block banned?

Hey ThePimplePlayer!

Cool name! Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a great time here :)

I'm not to sure why it was banned but ill try find out for you. I know that there has been various pimple rubbers banned due to the rubbers having to much of a crazy effect on the ball... What are you using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hey ThePimplePlayer!

Cool name! Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a great time here :)

I'm not to sure why it was banned but ill try find out for you. I know that there has been various pimple rubbers banned due to the rubbers having to much of a crazy effect on the ball... What are you using?

I read up a little bit on SuperBlock in the internet. I guess it is the frictionless pimpled rubber from Dr. N. Probably it was banned because the disruptive effect was too much or it might have been proven to be inconsistent in its behavior in iTTFs experiments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
the ittf deemed that frictionless pimple rubbers were not good for table tennis on the whole, so at the same time they banned the use of speed glueing they also went to the other end and not approve a list of the frictionleess pimples mainly from Dr N and Hallmark

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Under questionalble rationale, ITTF made minumum friction specs for Long Pimple rubberz. Apparently, ITTF would not like to see frictionless style of play anywhere. ITTF knows national associations follow them like blind sheep to slaughter, so when ITTF banned frictinless for pros, they effectively banned it from any organized TT, although Sweden abstained from banning frictionless for a spell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I actually dislike how the ITTF changes how people play. I personally don't really care too much about what rubbers or speed glues people use because it's all about a great fun game. And another big thing for me is that if you really dislike the rubbers and what not then just have separate events for specific styles/rubbers. I personally want to create a league of only aggressive players to really see who's the strongest and who's the smartest of players with inverted on both sides. No choppers and pips allowed :p (sorry to those of you who prefer that style, but because I want to create a better video style of recording pips and choppers create bad footage).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
So, Super Block was banned beacues its a good pimple rubber?
Then Why arent for example: the tenergy sieries banned for having so much speed and spin
?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Super Block was banned because it has a frictionless surface on its pips which produces too many random spin variations when someone returns a loop. This was considered to be less about skill and more about the equipment and that is what the ITTF are trying to stray away from. They want the sport to grow more for its audiences to know what is happening. You can still use the rubbers if you can get them, you just can't play in a tournament. And besides if you're using pips who cares what you're using because they are all very similar and don't hinder your game that much.

.....And besides if you're using pips who cares what you're using because they are all very similar and don't hinder your game that much.

Wrong. They wanted to get rid of the players playing some crappy close to the table pimple blocking because it was just way to easy and didn't need much skill at all. Encountering every serve and every loop in the same manner, without regarding spin, which i think is the big thing that makes tabletennis so different compared to other racket sports, and still getting different results every time is just bad.In the league I play ther are only a couple of players left that play like this and i know for a fact the best ot them manipulates his pimples so that they are frictionless and he can play his game-destroying game. Most players that played frictionless pimples without a sponge play at least 3 or 4 leagues worse if they try to play a decent pimple game with normal pimples under a sponge and chopping far from the table (because this requires skill).
Most of the times theese players playing frictionless rubbers dont have any eye for spin or curve of the ball, can't return any serve, dont really know how to play any decent shot (looping, counter looping, chopping, or flipping with a propper rubber) and lack phyisicall abilities needed for table tennis. Ofcourse we lack in some of theese poinst or we would play even better then we play now. But still don't you think its just fair to ban theese rubbers and this playing style from tabletennis becaue it just ruins fun for allot of people that train so hard for their sport. Like I said i dont really have to play against theese types of players anymore, but still i don't apprecieate this playstyle.
I personnally think rubbers like dtecs or other chineses rubbers that are made for this close to table play will be banned in the next years. Ittf wanted to ban dtecs since the pimples where to long now tibhar shortened the pimples they will find something else.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the reason had something to do with mid-level players rather than the top levels. At the top levels I do not think it made a difference, but when you go down a few notches from the top levels, it was too hard for people to compete with pips players with frictionless rubbers because they could do too many things with them too easily. At least that is what I was told about this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
So, its banned beacues its too esey to play good?

Judging from the fact that it is rather easy to play with (at least imo), yes.
And they cover the kinda sluggish reason with official rules.

Well I've played with Hallmark Original and its an awesome rubber. In OX it kills !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ the_M - Um if you have a problem with someone's pips clean them. It is a rule in TT that if you find someone's pips to be frictionless or near so because of dust and grime then you have the right to clean their pips. It pisses them off because most people will not do it, but I'm not most people. And as for your explanation I just said all of that and I play in clubs where nearly everyone plays with long pips and they still chop block close to the table so the frictionless rule didn't really change their playing style only the effectiveness of the pips. It still requires some knowledge of spin and skill to do it, but let's be honest not nearly enough for inverted players.

As for chopping from far distances that doesn't require skill, but requires athleticism and hand eye coordination. I've practiced with long pips and I must say that having never played with them I play at a much higher level with them because it's so damn easy to return balls from far away or close to the table. I can even attack under and dead balls like they're nothing. But as an inverted player I refuse to use them in tournaments otherwise I feel I would be well over 2000 by now in the U.S. It's an old style of play and I prefer the modern style.

As for your remark on game destroying you just have to learn better technique. You are obviously not training as hard or as efficient as other players because I personally have no problem playing pips players because they give me underspin to loop and then I attack their forehands which is my normal game anyways. People who refuse to learn how to play pips players are hypocrites because the very thing you're complaining about them for is what you're doing. You complain because they refuse to learn how to beat "proper players" when you refuse to learn how to beat them. It's only fair that you should learn both ways if you expect them to.

@ Carl - While I agree more than disagree. Have you seen Joo? When was the last time he won a major pro tour title let alone made it to the finals. The frictionless ban really hurt his game where before he could afford to stay closer to the table and attack with the pips or return service far easier he now has to be careful because he has to run back just about every time he uses his pips to return service.

@ ThePimplePlayer - Sir if you are not at a high level of play you shouldn't complain about the ban. It really doesn't affect you all that much. You might have a 5-10 percent decrease in your shot selection, but let's be honest if you practice with any other set of pips for a short dedicated time 3-4 hours a day for 3-4 days a week for the next 3 months you will be able to play well again. Let's not be lazy and ruin this sport with useless complaining. If you want to use your frictionless pips then get a paddle and put them on and ask players nicely hey mind if I use Super Block? If they are stronger players they won't really care if they are weaker players you should still be able to beat them with your legal paddle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Not beeing able to use the rubber, is not the reason i am comlaining .
Im complaining beacues ittf banned it for beeing å good rubber.
Personaly i prefear dr Neubauer Scalpel :)

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Personaly i prefear dr Neubauer Scalpel :)

Ja, du gjør vel det du...

This user has no status.
@ Carl - While I agree more than disagree. Have you seen Joo? When was the last time he won a major pro tour title let alone made it to the finals. The frictionless ban really hurt his game where before he could afford to stay closer to the table and attack with the pips or return service far easier he now has to be careful because he has to run back just about every time he uses his pips to return service.

You know that Joo never played a frictionless rubber? There have not been any players on this level with frictionless pimples only weaker players uses them..

ThePimplePlayer said:
Personaly i prefear dr Neubauer Scalpel

Scalpel is banned, too. It's the same with it as with the Superblock..