Fans of Rozena?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20240123_212840.jpg

Today I traded somebody for a sheet of Rozena. Any fans of this rubber?

The performance is kinda average I believe, but its kinda just fun to use and pleasant. Its got nice rebound and control and is fun to block with. I dunno why but I am just charmed by this rubber when i tested it in the past, so it made me want to trade for one.

Reactions: ben1229
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I like Rozena, spring sponge feeling with surprisingly good speed and solid arc and grippiness, but it just lacks that edge in spin to make it a more complete package.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I like Rozena, spring sponge feeling with surprisingly good speed and solid arc and grippiness, but it just lacks that edge in spin to make it a more complete package.
How do you know it lacks in spin?

Sometimes I hear people say like a rubber doesn't spin...but how can you tell? All rubbers with enough grip seem to spin well to me.

Jul 2014

Sometimes I hear people say like a rubber doesn't spin...but how can you tell? All rubbers with enough grip seem to spin well to me.
Mine and clubmates shots when using Rozena were blocked back with a higher success rate than when we were using rubbers with better spin. Never said it doesn't spin, I said it lacked that extra edge; I think the spin is good enough to do everything you need to do but IMO spinning the ball is not a strength of Rozena

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
  1. A girl next door type. She is pleasant, easy going and friendly.
  2. Similarly Rozena is easy to use, feels pleasant and not demanding.
  3. It is designed to be suitable for noobs.
  4. Grippiness creates spin. Grippiness is subjected to high reactiveness to incoming spin. This is physics 101.
  5. Since Rozena is designed with tolerance in mind, it is natural the engineers at Butterfly would make the top-sheet less grippy, perhaps reminiscence of the old top-sheets like Sriver prehaps?
  6. When it is less grippy, it is only natural it has less spin generation potential.

================================================
  • I have been playing with Rozena for a couple of months now. Tried it on BH and turn it over to FH as well.
  • When doing a BH open up, all things being equal, I find that you need greater effort to open up with Rozena compared to its older siblings, that is, Tenergy 05.
  • Hence, Rozena is safe for pushes and blocks: the noob style of playing aka passive play.
  • It is fun to play with Rozena when during those days where you are a bit lethargic and do not want to play an active game, Rozena fits into such role nicely.

This vid was me playing with a black Rozena. Rozena tolerates my noobiness.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
View attachment 28163

Today I traded somebody for a sheet of Rozena. Any fans of this rubber?

The performance is kinda average I believe, but its kinda just fun to use and pleasant. Its got nice rebound and control and is fun to block with. I dunno why but I am just charmed by this rubber when i tested it in the past, so it made me want to trade for one.
I am the only other Rozena fan on the forums I guess. It's easy to play with, meaning the ball hits the table a lot, goes where you aim it, with good spin, and you can play defense with it, blocking or hitting off-balance shots. The game just becomes more fun to play when I can do more things and hang in with longer rallies.

I'm not exactly a noob, per Gozo's take on Rozena. I'm a 1900 player who started in 2012. But I am 55 years old, and a 50+ degree rubber is not for me. People shit on Rozena a lot because it advertises tolerance. But spring sponge is still spring sponge. Rozena is basically a more fun T05 for $35 a sheet. I love it.

I'm also a fan of Rozena on the backhand. In fact, I'm having a hard time deciding between Rozena and Glayzer on the BH - Glayzer is better for passive push/short game as well as opening loops, but Rozena just feels safer for longer rallies, and is noticeably better at blocking.

Ultimately, I feel the price to performance ratio of Rozena might just help it clinch this one...

Rozena is basically a more fun T05 for $35 a sheet. I love it.
To me it feels more like a more controlled version of T64.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I like Rozena on the BH side of my double inverted blades. I tried my other blade with Fastarc C1 on the BH the other day; they feel about the same.

Lots of control. Relatively spin insensitive. I have Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 fx that are not attached to any blades right now because I find the Tenergy series to be too hard to control. Rozena is a great rubber!

Reactions: Wrighty67
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Surprisingly if one was to look at Butterfly rubber matrix, Rozena is listed as having faster speed compared to T05. So, the term Rozena is T05-lite may not be accurate.

Anyway just took her for a session with my new coach and to my surprise, it is bouncy and fast on FH. I was really surprise. It has that MX-P feel to it and hopefully does not have that booster drop-off effect so infamously attached to MX-P.

I could really feel the trampoline effect. It's like hitting a drum. Good feeling for me as it is no secret Gozo loves trampoline effect.

p/s Maybe she is a keeper after all.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Surprisingly if one was to look at Butterfly rubber matrix, Rozena is listed as having faster speed compared to T05. So, the term Rozena is T05-lite may not be accurate.

Anyway just took her for a session with my new coach and to my surprise, it is bouncy and fast on FH. I was really surprise. It has that MX-P feel to it and hopefully does not have that booster drop-off effect so infamously attached to MX-P.

I could really feel the trampoline effect. It's like hitting a drum. Good feeling for me as it is no secret Gozo loves trampoline effect.

p/s Maybe she is a keeper after all.
I think you just like everything Butterfly. I think you should try Bryce next :) :)

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews

Well... When you play a topspin from a backspin, you can ask your teammate to tell you how much spin it has, but you can also feel it. Rozena isn't the fastest or spinniest rubber. It's just a good jack of all trades. I've seen everyone from defenders and blockers to fast attackers use it, it's good.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I think you just like everything Butterfly. I think you should try Bryce next :) :)
  • There is right way to play Real TT and right way to play ping-pong.
  • The right way to play REAL TT:
  • Right handed
  • Shake-hand
  • Butterfly equipment: Blade & Rubber
  • FH dominant.
  • This is the GOZO(tm) way.

Reactions: ben1229