Amateur vs Pro: Timo Boll playing with a pan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I couldnt find any good thing coming from that "game", meaningless, probably would be more usefull a normal game, so the viewers could see how difficult is table tennis for normal people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I couldnt find any good thing coming from that "game", meaningless, probably would be more usefull a normal game, so the viewers could see how difficult is table tennis for normal people.

I think not everything has to have some deep meaning hidden somewhere. I found it entertaining and that's already a plus for me. Besides that all such events add exposure and a tiny little bit of popularity of TT . And if you want to increase the popularity and say that TT is super complicated, not a lot of people will give it a try :)

One beautiful thing of table tennis is that you can play and enjoy it without any heavy investments in training or equipment. And that's not the case in every sport. And if you like TT, you can put some extra effort, train, start to understand and see the beauty in the complexity of it.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Well, that's entertainment for you. It's not about showcasing the glorious magnificence of the noble sport of table tennis, it's about having fun in an entertainment program, siphoning off the status of a national celebrity.

That being said, the absolute top requires absolute dedication, and Timo has that. Yet he also displays the joy of the game, even in this match, and also shows a laudable lack of inflated ego there. I do find that inspiring, even if such a game by itself is meritless.

Reactions: Suga D and Simas