Dianci oil

This user has no status.
I was thinking of putting dianci oil booster on my h3 now instead of falco booster. How long does each boost last for before I have to reboot it again? How long will the bottle of booster last before I ha e to buy a new one? What is the best method of boosting the rubbers? Where is the best place to buy it from?
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I've been using Falco Long and Haifu Seamoon on H3 Neo BS. Falco Long usually lasts about 4-5 weeks before I need to reboost and Seamoon for 2-3. I know that Falco Long isn't optimal for Chinese tacky rubbers but I really like that it softens up the sponge quite a bit making it easier to play with. The effect of Seamoon is that it dramatically increases the spin.

(Been using it since February on my FH)

Reactions: matzreenzi
says Aging is a killer
I've been using Falco Long and Haifu Seamoon on H3 Neo BS. Falco Long usually lasts about 4-5 weeks before I need to reboost and Seamoon for 2-3. I know that Falco Long isn't optimal for Chinese tacky rubbers but I really like that it softens up the sponge quite a bit making it easier to play with. The effect of Seamoon is that it dramatically increases the spin.

(Been using it since February on my FH)

Pardon my ignorance, but how does a booster dramatically increase spin? I thought boosters affected mostly the speed of the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Pardon my ignorance, but how does a booster dramatically increase spin? I thought boosters affected mostly the speed of the rubber.

I’m by no means an expert but the top sheet felt a whole lot tackier after applying Seamoon. Falco on the other hand mainly seem to make the sponge mushy (which I prefer).

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Thanks, what are the differences between Haiti seamoon booster and dianci oil

Haven’t tried Dianchi (?) nor the Haifu black oil mainly due to the fact that it’s quite hard to buy (the real deal) for people outside of China. Lots and lots of fakes are available so watch out.

So as I understand it (basically), when you apply booster or speed glue for that matter, the chemicals expand the sponge. This increases the energy efficiency of the sponge which mostly impacts speed, softens the sponge increasing the feeling, and stretches out the top sheet. The third point is the most important, creating the backwards dome (the rubber is being curled back under the force of the expansion). The stretching of the top sheet is like a spring or tight rope so when a ball interrupts it it springs back harder creating more spin and speed. I was skeptical about boosting for a while, as I was beginning and didn't feel the speed would help. But the spin gave me much more confidence in landing shots and the softening of the sponge made me at least perceive I had more control and feeling. As a short note, I've always preferred nonboosted tackies for service as you can more easily keep the ball short and spinny. But it's marginal nothing close to the benefits of opening loops, loop drives, drives, blocks that boosting provides.

Please do correct me if you have better information. This is mostly anecdotal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
When you boost the rubber it softens up the sponge enabling the ball to sink deeper and the topsheet and sponge grabbing the ball better increasing the spin. That is beside the better energy transfer from rubber to the ball.

Reactions: Tinykin