Some booster questions

This user has no status.
Hey I've never boosted before but I'm looking to boost some cheap chinese rubbers to go on a new batch of blades.

But i have some questions though, related to booster and baby oil. I will leave some spaces so that you can individually answer them.

What is haifu booster's duration?

When the duration runs out, does it just play like it would booster-less?

Does the rubber shrink on the bat once the booster duration finishes.

Does it shrink when you take it off the bat to reboost?

What is baby oils duration period?

Does baby oil also shrink naturally?

What is the baby oil and booster duo?

If i have more questions i will update this post.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
1)The real duration of Haifu Seamoon regular on rubber is about 3 weeks.
2)It depends on the kind of a rubber. I've boosted a used 729 Geospin Tacky and now it isn't as slow as it was before boosting. Didn't boost it for 6 month.
3)as your glue can stick the rubber to the blade the rubber doesn't shrink on the blade after booster evaporates
4) yes, it shrinks when you take it off the blade
5) haven't tried the baby oil but heard that is has less duration and you need more layers to get the effect of the real booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hey I've never boosted before but I'm looking to boost some cheap chinese rubbers to go on a new batch of blades.

But i have some questions though, related to booster and baby oil. I will leave some spaces so that you can individually answer them.

What is haifu booster's duration?

When the duration runs out, does it just play like it would booster-less?

Does the rubber shrink on the bat once the booster duration finishes.

Does it shrink when you take it off the bat to reboost?

What is baby oils duration period?

Does baby oil also shrink naturally?

What is the baby oil and booster duo?

If i have more questions i will update this post.
Can only answer q2... When the rubber is boosterless, you can usually feel it. But in my experience, the rubber has already been played in and the sponge ahs been activated, so I don't need to boost. But for harder rubbers (41-42 deg) I will choos eto reboost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Alright, so when the booster evaporates, the rubber doesnt lose all its speed or does it shrink. This is good as I'm hoping to just leave these bats in storage and never boost them unless i get curious.
it looses the tension/spring effect.
you can feel a difference

leaving in storage, eventually the boost will wear out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Regarding the oil. Applying the same amount of oil as seamun will cause much less change. So the main problem for me with oil enhancement is the weight. To get a good result, you need a lot of oil, and this adds weight to the rubber. This is important, since often rubbers that boost well have a hard sponge and are initially heavy. In this regard, Seamun and other branded boosters are a huge breakthrough.
However, the oil also acts a little differently - softer.
Sometimes after seamun the rubber gets pre-tensioned - speed, but the sponge remains quite hard. Then adding literally one layer of oil can soften the sponge and improve the game.

Boosting is actually the same as destroying the rubber. The booster contains a compound (mostly paraffin oil) that reacts chemically and resolves the rubber. So don't use too much or you will end up with a mushy mess. :)

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: PaddyPolar
1 or 2 layers good?
It depends, some rubbers can take it others can't. If someone says use 3 layers I would trust them. The process of resolving is slow so check the result before adding the next layer. But if the compound penetrates too deep the top sheet may loosen.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: PaddyPolar
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Please take care to read over the imprinted precaution on the rubber pack.

Last edited: